Thursday, September 22, 2011

Jose 303!

Today has been great. When I got up this morning I looked outside at the rain gauge and we got a total of two inches of rain last night! And after I had finished cleaning the dog pens this morning, I had two pounds of mud stuck to my boots, but I am not complaining about it, because any rain that we get is welcomed.

This afternoon we took O. Henry, the dog that we rescued just before the storm hit yesterday, to Hoegemeyer Animal Clinic to get him neutered and given all of his shots and then we went to Wolfmueller's Books to see Sandy and Jon and to give them a gift for taking us on one of the best road trips we've ever been on.

"Y'all, I called Ben yesterday to order a brick of Miles of Chocolate to send to you as a thank you gift," I said, "but Ben talked me out of it, because unknown to us, he had put three new bricks of Miles of Chocolate in our freezer, in the barn, when he was here. And he told me to give y'all one of those bricks instead and...." And to say the least, "They were thrilled about it, because they love Miles of Chocolate, too.

After a fun visit about the funny things that happened to us on our road trip to Big Bend I told them, "I have really missed y'all and am trying to wean myself off of y'all, because this morning when I got up I thought, "Where's Sandy and Jon?..." Before we adios-ed each other I purchased another copy of The Art Of Racing In The Rain, because I have given all of my copies away.

While we were picking up some groceries at H-E-B we ran into our good friend Scott S. and we told him all about our fun trip with Sandy and Jon, because he and Julia are good friends with them, too. After a fun visit with Scott we adios-ed each other.

When Tony started loading our groceries into the back of Buttermilk the weirdest thing happened and I think it was a sign meant for me, but it doesn't make any sense to me. As I was about to open the door to climb inside Buttermilk I saw a 3"x3" yellow Post-It stuck on the sideboard step, written in pencil that read, "Jose 303." So, I picked it up and put it inside my purse. Then I got in Buttermilk.


As we drove home I remembered the weird note and chuckled. "What's so funny?" Tony asked, as I unzipped my purse to show him my mysterious note.

After telling him about Jose 303 I showed him the Post-It and he burst out laughing. "Tony, I think it is a sign for me, but I don't know what it means."

"It means Jose is stuck on you, because it is a Post-It and he stuck in on the door step and 303 is his area code and he used a pencil which means he is probably a carpenter," Tony joked. "And, it's yellow which means that he is scared of me if he tries to mess with you."

"Oh, Tony. It does not..."

When we got home, after we had put up our groceries I secretly got on my laptop and Googled the area code for 303 and it is for Colorado—including Denver, Boulder, Longmont, Aurora, etc. and I don't know any Jose's that live in the Rockies, in fact I don't know any Jose. So, I went down the hall and told Tony that he was totally wrong about solving the Jose 303 mystery.

So now I guess that I will just have to wait and see what the Jose 303 note really means and it is already driving me crazy. And if any of y'all can figure out what the yellow note meant for me means, please let me know.

Here are a couple of pictures from our trip. Tony took this one of us looking at our reflections in a large window at the park's headquarters and I bought this pretty, little, pink orb at Many Stones rock shop in Study Butte, to always remind me of the fun time that we had with Sandy and Jon in Big Bend and it sits above the kitchen sink and it always makes me smile when I look at it.



Lastly, I have some great news about Laz. Alecia has called me a few times to tell me that Laz is working out beautifully with her other dog Sky and he is sticking by her side and he has totally mellowed out and not acting skittish and he seems to be very happy in his fabulous, forever home. Her last words were, "I love Laz and I know that we were meant to be together." And I totally agree with her.

Y'all have a great evening and please keep praying for us to get more rain.

3 comments:

Eileen said...

If you give your yellow Post-It Note a half turn to the left, you'll see the hidden message!

Anonymous said...

even with the turn i don't see it. :)

cousin nancy said...

Hi, Anonymous! I didn't see it either, until Eileen told me, "MOM!" LOL and thank you for the comment.