Friday, September 9, 2011

How Lucky We Are!

Today has been great. Last night before we went to bed I asked Tony to please wake me up real early, because I wanted to get up and clean the trailer before Eileen's sister Dean came out to walk our dogs with our great volunteers—Lisa and Eileen.

"Nance, you need to get up. It's 5:37," Tony whispered, as Mama reared her big, white furry head from my pillow and then jumped up, stepped on my butt and then using it as a springboard she—leaped off of our bed and I thought, "If she can do it, so can I," but I didn't actually leap like Mama did—I sort of slowly rolled off our bed, without crashing to the floor.

Around 9:30 when they arrived out here, Nellybelle, our 1983 trailer, was as spic 'n span as she could be and I could not wait to show her off to Dean, because I love my trailer that I bought in 1995, when I moved to Utopia.

As I walked, as fast as I could, up to the barn they were talking to Tony. "Hi, y'all! It is so good to see you!" I hollered, because I was too far away. "Dean, welcome to Texas and welcome to our rescue ranch. Eileen has told us so much about you and we have been so excited to meet you I got up early and actually cleaned Nellybelle and I don't do that for everybody."

While everyone laughed, Dean gave me a big bear hug and said, "You shouldn't have, Nancy. I love this place. It is so beautiful and exactly how I pictured it, because I have read your books and follow your blog..."

A few minutes later, they had Merlin and Princess and George Clooney leashed and we took off for the creek, so they could go swimming and I am pretty sure that we scared off all of the wildlife, including Wilbur, the giant black wild hog that we feed every morning, because we were laughing so much.

During one of our many, laughter filled, strolls down to the creek and back, Lisa and I could not believe Dean and Eileen were just sisters, because they were just alike and they could have passed as twins, because they had the same upbeat, funny personalities and they looked just alike.

When it started getting hot outside, I invited them to come up to the trailer for a fun visit, because I was having so much fun with them, but before we climbed up the steps to go into Outer Space, we climbed the steps into my Space Ship, so I could show it off to Dean and show Lisa and Eileen my latest improvements.

After Dean had told me that she loved the Space Ship and Eileen and Lisa had told me they liked my latest improvements we went into Outer Space and had a blast listening to Dean and Eileen taking turns, telling hilarious stories about each other, while Tony shot us with his camera and videoed Dean telling a hilarious story about her first husband being a professional rodeo clown and her professional barrel racing escapades, when she was a young woman. And when her hilarious story had ended Tony teased Dean that he was going to youTube it.

While we were chatting up a storm (I wish) the dogs outside started barking, because someone was driving in. "I'll go see who it is," Tony said, as he left Outer Space and ten minutes later Tony drove up in Kermit. "Nance, they want to adopt Zeke. She is the woman who heard you on the Harley Show yesterday that you've already talked to. I really like them and they are in love with Zeke."

Fifteen minutes later, Zeke had been officially adopted and had found himself a fantastic forever home and I took this picture of him with his new best forever friends, before they drove him off to his new home.


When Tony and I drove back up to the trailer we saw Lisa, Eileen and Dean walking out of our front yard gate. "We're going to Medina to eat and we want y'all to join us," Eileen said, and she didn't have to twist our arms.

"We'd love too, but first let Tony take a picture of us, okay" I said. From left to right is Dean, Lisa, me and Eileen and I must admit I cropped the picture, because it made me look fat.


Lunch was so much fun for Tony and me, because they kept us laughing with their funny tales and we didn't want it to end. When we were at the cash register I asked Lisa for my check and she said, "No, it is my treat..." 

When Eileen and Dean over heard Lisa they objected, too, but Lisa won out or lost out, because she paid for our lunches. Thank you, Lisa. Lunch was delicious!

After a short, but fun visit outside, by Trigger and Eileen's truck we hugged and then adios-ed them and headed home and all T. and I could talk about was how much fun we had had with them and how lucky we are to have such great friends as them and that is about it for tonight.

P.S. While Tony and I were doing Zeke's adoption, Lisa and Eileen gave Dean a tour of our trailer and I am so glad they did, because Dean told me that she loved our trailer, which of course made me smile.

Y'all have a great evening and please keep praying for us to get some rain!

2 comments:

Eileen said...

Thank you Nancy and Tony for a fun filled day! Dean and I enjoyed our morning and lunch with you both and Lisa! Thanks Lisa for treating us all to lunch at The Apple Store!
I didn't realize you all lost Little Girl yesterday. I'm so sorry. I hope all our laughter today helped lift your spirits.
You are the best! Eileen

cousin nancy said...

Hi Eileen! Being with y'all yesterday was exactly what the doctor ordered for Tony and me. We cannot thank y'all enough for all you do for our dogs and for us.