Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Wildflours!

Today has been really great. Late this morning Tony and I went to the famous El Chaparral Mexican Restaurant, in Helotes, for a Christmas party with our dear friends-(retired) rescue ranch's dog-walking volunteers.

Omg, we had so much fun reuniting with our friends who used to come out every Friday morning to walk our dogs for us. Chris, Suzanne & Juan along with their daughter and adorable grandson, Eileen, Lisa, June, Ellen and Diane & Jim were there.

Before our delicious lunch was served, Eileen stood up and had us play her "rescue ranch" game with the top two winners winning prizes.

Eileen would ask rescue ranch questions that she had come up with, such as: "What year did the rescue ranch start in Utopia? (Answer: 1998) or What dog was adopted and went to live in New York state? (Answer: Alfie and Blackie) What dog pulled Suzanne into the creek—soaking her from head to toe? (Answer: George Clooney) What is the name of the woman, in Canada, who adopted several of the rescue ranch dogs? (Answer: Fay) Etc." Bottom   Line: Jim and Ellen won the sparkling prizes.

Of course, the food was delicious and Tony and I did not order the same thing which still puzzles me.
Anyway, Tony and I had a total blast getting to see everyone and I promise you that our table was the loudest, because of all of the non-stop laughter.

This afternoon when we got back home I decided to make this delicious cinnamon apple fritter recipe that Ronnie had sent to me a few days ago.

My sweet brother is a fabulous cook and baker and when he told me that this Wild Flour's Cottage Kitchen recipe was a very easy recipe to make, I promised him that I would give it a try.

I keep my promises. And here is a picture of the fritters right after I put them into the skillet.


And here is what they looked like before we sat down and ate one.


Ronnie was right about it being a delicious, easy to make recipe and Tony absolutely loves them. If you want this recipe just click on Wildflower's Cottage Kitchen

Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!

No comments: