Sunday, December 23, 2018

Oh Mummy!

Last night I watched a great movie on Netflix and it was a true story. The awesome cast includes: Renee Zellweger, Greg Kinnear, Djimon Hounsou, Olivia Holt and Jon Voight. And the name of this beautiful, inspiring movie is Same Kind of Different As Me. And I hope that y'all will check it out.

Today has been great and yes, Tony and I are both doing this new habit now. The other day when I told Tone about my new habit, he surprised me the next morning and walked into the kitchen, and said, "Today is going to be a great day!" Then he told me that he is going to do this every morning before he gets out of bed. And to say the least I am thrilled about it.

Early this afternoon Tony and I went to Kerrville to wash one load of clothes at the laundromat and while the washing machine was getting our clothes clean—we shopped at the big H-E-B. And we bought all of the ingredients needed for me to make Vegan "Mummy" Veggie Dogs, so when we got back home I cook make this healthy recipe for our late lunch.

This was an easy recipe to make and the only thing that I changed was not wrapping up the vegetables: potatoes, cauliflower, onion, garlic, peas and carrots and spices, etc. to look like a mummy, because mummies sort of scare me.

Seriously, when I first saw the 1932 movie, The Mummy, Boris Karloff and the story line scared me.

So while I was cooking all of the veggies I decided to tuck the healthy veggie mixture inside the pizza dough slices. instead of creating mummies. Here are a few pictures:



This recipe was totally delicious and when Tony was getting second helpings I asked him and if he liked the veggie-dogs, and he laughed, and said, "Oh Mummy! This recipe is to die for! You should make these more often for us.


I laughed, and responded, "Not a problem. I've got over half of the mixture left over...."

This evening as I finish writing this I have the brown rice, that I cook every night for our dog's morning breakfast, cooking in the Instant Pot. And please know that I add spices and a can of mixed veggies in their dog food mixture. 

Our dogs love me cooking for them and I enjoy it too. And since I started cooking their meals for them, many months ago, their coats are softer, shinier and they radiate good health. And who knows? Maybe tonight I will add some of our leftover vegan veggie-dogs to the mixture, even though Little Debbie does not like peas. 

Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!

4 comments:

Mary Sanders said...

All my fur babies are older now, and I have been adding bone broth to their food. All of them seem to have benefitted from it and are shiny and perky. Homemade food is the best! Merry Christmas to you and Tony and the "kids".

cousin nancy said...

Merry Christmas Anon and Mary! Thank y'all for your comments. Mary, adding bone broth is a great idea and I am going to steal your recipe.

Anonymous said...

Merry Merry Christmas from me and my 2 furbabies to you Tony and y'alls furloves... May you All love with perfection, devotion, honesty and integrity and spirit, soul, and mind forever and ever.... Blessings,in abundance

cousin nancy said...

Thank you Anon! Merry Christmas to you and yours, too!