Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Tiny Pink Pills!

First off, Monday night after Tony and I spent over thirty minutes searched to find Big Al(ice)'s thunder jacket I finally found it. For some reason it was stuffed inside one of my straw, Resistol cowboy hats that I have yet to hang up, on a wall. So we survived Monday night without a hitch.

Yesterday, we spent most of our time outside burning brush. So it was a pretty uneventful day. But last night wasn't.

It was around 11:30 and Tony had already gone to bed, while I stayed up reading Second Sister by Marie Bostwick. I had just started reading this great book, around 9:00, and I was so hooked on reading it I could not put it down and it is a good thing that I didn't.

Because at 11:46, there was this big, loud thunder clap and suddenly the rain started pouring down, which made Big Al(ice) go into a full-blown a panic attack. The lightning strike was so loud that it also startled Henry Standing Bear, Belle and me. So I immediately went into action to help Alice even though I knew that I needed to unplug everything.

First, I folded up one of Alice's tiny, pink, happy pills, inside an even smaller piece of Honey Wheat bread and then I picked up Big Al and put her, on top of the kitchen island and gave her the pill. Then with her still shaking and standing on top of the island, with Belle and Henry closely watching us, I put Big Ali(ice)'s thunder jacket on her. And that seemed to relieve all of us.

Then with Alice tightly clutched in my arms I raced around The Cabin unplugging everything as fast I could. And right after I unplugged Jaws (my mighty Vita-Mix machine) lightning hit real close again startling all of us, once more. Several seconds later all was unplugged and Big Al(ice) seemed to be calming down some.

So I left Big Al, on the sofa, cuddled up with Belle and Henry and went and took my little pink pill (Baby Aspirin), so I wouldn't have a heart attack or a stroke, because of all of the unexpected commotion.

Well, it rained hard for about forty-five minutes and I could hear the thunder finally moving farther and farther away, as Big Al(ice) slept peacefully between Belle and Hen. (Yes, sometimes I call Henry Standing Bear—Hen to save time.)

A little after 12:30, I decided to do a little more reading, because I love this book and also because I was too wound up to go to sleep.

Anyway, I was so engrossed in reading Second Sister the time flew by and I ended up going to bed just a little before 2:00.

Today has been great even though I got up at 7:00 and was moving slower than normal. The Cabin was warm and cozy, because Tone had gotten up early, at 5:00 (Like he always does.) and he had started a big fire, in our wood-burning stove. It seemed everyone was rested but me.

We spent most of our morning putting away more stuff. Then using my new Instant Pot I made us a super, delicious lunch—pot roast with red potatoes, carrots and onions. And Tony and I were both impressed with how delicious it was and how little time it took for the pressure cooker to cook our meal.

So late this afternoon, after sweating and walking 4 Fast Miles With Leslie Sansone, I called Ronnie, because I wanted to tell him about how great our Instant Pot is so he could buy one, too. "....I know, Nance," Ronnie said. "I bought us an Instant Pot, about a year ago and we use it all of the time..."

After he told me about Nita making the best macaroni and cheese in their Instant Pot and rice, roast, etc. we changed the subject and talked about what Heartland episode he and Nita were watching, because I've already watched the entire series. "Well, let me see. We're on Season 10 now and we've watched the first three episodes and...." Then we went back to talking about Instant Pots, again. And before we adios-ed each other Ronnie gave me his Instant Pot Pork Ribs recipe, because he told me that he makes it all of the time for his friends and they absolutely love it and they can't believe that it only takes 13 minutes, in the Instant Pot and only 4-5 minutes in the broiler.

So tomorrow I plan to go to the big H-E-B, in Kerrville and buy some pork ribs, chicken broth and bbq sauce, so Tony and I can eat Ronnie's "Falls Off the Bone" pork ribs for our dinner. And that's about it for tonight, because I am going to read for a little while and then hopefully go to bed early, so I can catch up on my much needed beauty sleep.

Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!

No comments: