Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Peech Fuzz!

Yesterday was great or at least most of it was. Monday mid-morning, Tony and I took off for the Home Depot, in Kerrville, to buy some more 1"4"s Imported From Sweden and a few more cans of Rust-oleum's Black Gloss spray paint.

When we got back home Tony and I stained the boards outside and then Tone went to watch the high school baseball game, in Medina. So I cranked up my Bose and went outside to try to finish spray-painting our gate entrance's side fencing—glossy black. And while I was using up one can after another, three to be exact, our dear friend Steve Pietzsch, the incredibly famous, talented artist, pulled into our driveway to say howdy.

Tony and I love Steve aka Peech so much, for so many different reasons. First being he is a super nice man, a great friend, fun to hang out with and for him finding this fabulous, rare picture of Texas Ranger Big Foot Wallace. That he personally framed and gave to Tony, because he knew that Tony is related to this famous Texas Ranger.


Anyway, while Steve and I were visiting, I kept spray-painting the fence and when Steve told me something funny, I stopped spraying the paint and started laughing. And while I was laughing at what he had said I wiped my face with the back of my hand, trying to get a few stray, gray hairs out of my face.

And when I did that Peech frowned and made a face, like ooh, while shaking his head sideways. Then he remarked, "You shouldn't do that while you're painting..." I laughed and blew it off and went back to spray painting.

Steve stayed for about twenty more minutes, because he and I got to talking about the benefits of harvesting rainwater, because that is what he has done, at his home. And before we adios-ed each other Steve had convinced me that we should definitely consider harvesting rainwater.

I used up two more cans of black gloss spray-paint when I finally quit and came inside and I would have done more painting, but I had run out of paint, again.

It was nearly 6:00, so I decided to drink one of Tony's cheap beers and when I passed by a mirror I was shocked and nearly fainted at what I saw. "Omg!" I said to Roy, Belle, Beau, Henry, Little Debbie and Big Al(ice) and they just stared at me. Then Belle looked at me, again and she barked at me, because she saw my black mustache that was made up of about twenty, scattered, tiny, short, facial hairs.

"It's me, Belle," I said, as I skipped off, to the bathroom, grabbed a wet washcloth and began scrubbing my upper lip trying to remove the black glossy hairs. Seriously, I was mortified and embarrassed that Steve had seen me like this. And it must have happened when I had tried to brush away my strands if hair and wiped my face with wet paint. And that's why Steve made that face and suggested for me not to do that again.

Okay, in self-defense I admit that I have a part-time mustache that I pluck away at daily and so do most women my age. And also the late, great Nora Ephron even wrote about hers, in the book The Most of Nora Ephron. The chapter on Maintenance and I even blogged about it, on October 30, 2016 and I titled that blog For The Ladies Only!




Tony got back home around 6:30. Medina lost and I had lost my black, shiny mustache ("peech" fuzz), thank goodness. So I didn't say a word about our losses.

Today has been great. This afternoon, while it was still drizzling, we went back, to Home Depot, to buy more cans of black spray paint and gutters and all of the necessary materials needed for us to start harvesting rainwater.

Before we came back home, we stopped by TNJ Engraving to pick up our ranch signs. You see I had two made, because one will go on our fence and the other one we are not sure yet where we want to hang it. Anyway, these people are the very best at what they do and I would highly recommend them to any friend or stranger, because they are so good. And to say the least about our ranch sign—we love it! And I mean we absolutely LOVE it.

Right after we got back home I fixed us lunch and then Tony and I went outside to hang up our ranch sign, on the fence. And when I say "we" hung it up—Tony did all of the work, but I stood back and helped direct him where to hang it. So ladies and gentleman here is our sign with the name of our ranch on it!



The name of our ranch took me a long time to finally decide on what it should be and Tony is happy with it too, because he is so proud of his famous relative, Big Foot Wallace, and of course, as you must know by now—I am totally into Big Foot/Yetis, aliens, etc. So it is perfect for us. Thank you, TNJ Engraving!

Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!

No comments: