Sunday, February 25, 2018

Again!

Today has been great. Early this afternoon Tony and I started transforming his room (formerly the back porch) into a faux-looking log cabin room, like the rest of our cabin.




And we would have finished his room today, but we ran out of wood, at the exact same time that Kinky called me. We had a fun conversation and after we adios-ed each other I decided to check my e-mail.

Liz sent me an hilarious note about her running down to their gate, several times today, to check to see if I had left my red crock pot there and I am still laughing about that. Liz also told me that Jim does not want mine or anyone else's crock pot, because the secret to their long, happy marriage is: Jim only cooks outside with fire and Liz only cooks inside using all of her gadgets. And that kind of logic makes a whole lot of sense to me.

After reading Liz's funny note I clicked on Drew's latest e-mail and he sent me this picture, that Ellie took of him and his super-cool dog, Harry, actually hiking the Appalachian Trail today. And I must admit that I am kind of jealous, because hiking the famous Appalachian Trail is one of the things for me to do on my bucket list.


A little while later, while Hazel was helping me suck up hair and dust Ronnie called and left me a message, on Carlton, "Hi Nance. Just wanted to let you know that I am getting ready to cook some ribs, in my Instant Pot. Call me."

So I called Ronnie back and teased him. "....I just wanted to let you know that I am cooking another roast, in my Instant Pot..." And we had a good laugh about it.

And before I finish writing this tonight I want y'all to know that our new, motion-activated, solar-powered, solar light "As Seen on TV" works like a charm and we absolutely love it. Even though Little Debbie pooped on our front porch, again.

Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!

2 comments:

Fay said...

Nancy, your blog never ceases to make me laugh. You are hilarious and I am so glad you have time to blog regularly again!

Sat. Feb 24, 2018: “And I guess that is about it for tonight, because I can't wait until it gets dark outside to see if Little Debbie will go outside and poop, in the yard, because of our newly installed, action-motivated solar light—"As Seen On TV."

Sun. Feb 25, 2018: “And before I finish writing this tonight I want y'all to know that our new, motion-activated, solar-powered, solar light "As Seen on TV" works like a charm and we absolutely love it. Even though Little Debbie pooped on our front porch, again.”

Too funny!!!!

Tail wags,
Fay

cousin nancy said...

Hi Fay! Thank you for your kind words. And I am glad that my humor makes you laugh. Sadly, Little Debbie is still pooping, on the front porch, but I am counting my" blessings." Every morning when I go, out on our front porch and see Little Debbie's tiny, petite turd I am always thankful that Roy knows better.