Saturday, February 17, 2018

La Crosse! or Gibsons!

Friday was great and so was today. Yesterday morning, as planned, our good friend Aaron came over to help us install the brand new front door for our cabin.

Actually, back in June, when Tony and I bought this place the first thing we did to celebrate getting it was to go, to Home Depot, to buy our new front door for The Cabin.

I know that sounds a little weird about getting excited about buying a front door, but I was adamant about it, because the last time I had gone to Ronnie & Nita's Ronderosa Ranch, in Dripping Springs, they had just put in new double-french doors that were double-paned with blinds built inside and I absolutely fell in love with them. So that is why we splurged on our beautiful, metal, front door, which I hope to paint it Glidden's Candy Apple Red, later this week. Here are a few pictures. And please note that the first picture shows our old reddish/orange front door removed and it is outside leaning up against the fence while our white one is waiting to be installed.




After installing the front door, Aaron was helping Tony install a ceiling fan, in the bedroom, while I was in the kitchen trying to figure out how to set-up my new La Crosse Technology Atomic Clock, because our old atomic clock had died during the move. It was due and not a big deal.

Anyway, as soon as Aaron and Tony got the wind spinning around, in the bedroom, Aaron was ready to go home, but before he did he easily set-up my new La Crosse Atomic Clock for me. And I totally love this La Crosse clock.


Yesterday afternoon my dear friend Chet O'Keefe had sent me a note, from Terlingua. He told me that all was good with him and Liz and that he has been very busy writing new songs, recording his music and was playing a lot of gigs and that made me happy. And he had attached this beautiful poster that Liz had designed for Presidio's upcoming Bluebonnet Music Series.


I was thrilled to see that Chet was kicking off this music series, on Friday, the 23rd and it really makes me want to go out there to hear him play. And then when I checked out the other great musicians that will also be performing, later, in the Bluebonnet Music Series, it tempts me to go out there to Terlingua and spend the month of March out there, too. So I guess time will tell if I go.

Today has been great. Late this morning Tony and I went to Kerrville, to help celebrate Gibson's Discount Center's 50th Anniversary and we had a total blast.


As you can see the parking lot was packed full and parked vehicles were lined-up up and down the streets. When we got there a fabulous band was playing to a standing room only crowd, while others were eating, delicious, pulled pork sandwiches, with chips and sodas—and it was all free to the Public.

It was a very festive crowd and in no time flat Tony and I were enjoying the food, tapping our boots to the great music and we also ran into several friends while we were there. And that is about it for tonight, because I plan to do a little reading and then shuffle off to bed.

Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!

No comments: