Friday, July 21, 2017

The Finger! or Painful Pricks!

Today has been great even though I am having incredible pain trying to type this post, so expect it to be a short read.

Yesterday when I was over at the property, putting stain on some more wood, because I have to do that first before I begin painting the wood and then finishing it off by distressing it. And I am now thinking of letting Henry Standing Bear help me distress it, because he's done such a fine job gnawing up our wooden furniture.

Anyway, I was all happy when I started staining the lumber, because I had cranked up my Bose and I was listening to some of my favorite JJ Cale & Eric Clapton music. In fact, I was actually listening to this incredibly great YouTube 2007 JJ Cale & Eric Clapton sound check video, before their live performance, in San Diego.

As, JJ & Clapton were playing and doing a sound check for Anyway the Wind Blows my pink boots were tapping the ground non-stop to their awesome beat. Literally, I was almost dancing outside, under the shade of a pretty tree, as I was applying the stain to boards. And that's when the finger, on my right hand, right next to my little finger, jammed two, gigantic wood splinters underneath my fingernail. And it hurt like you know what.

I wanted to half-holler, "Tony!" But it would have been to deaf ears, because Tony was, in Kerrville, picking up Buster Brown, at Hoegemeyer Animal Clinic, because they had removed a fatty tumor, from Buster's chest area.

I was in pain, all upset and I wanted to cry, because Tony was not there to help me or to feel sorry for me. So trying to be brave I carefully removed my green, stained, latex glove, from my right hand and almost fainted when I saw these two, huge, scary-looking, painful splinters wedged underneath my fingernail.

Scared that I might pass out, from the horrific pain, because I don't do pain—I collapsed, in a nearby plastic, green chair and I put my head down, between my knees and then saw these cute, little red ants run around in circles. I guess because I must have scared them or because they were dancing to Cale and Clapton's music. Who knows?

And as my rock 'n roll heroes, JJ Cale and Eric Clapton, talked and laughed and then began playing Who Am I Telling You, for another sound check, I decided to go home and Google "How to remove two, embedded, painful splinters from underneath a fingernail."And that about killed me to type all of that.

After I had tried putting a baking soda paste, on my wounded finger, which did not work at all and then tried soaking my finger, in a bowl of Hydrogen Peroxide—Tony walked inside The Cabin, and announced, "Buster looks great and he.."

"Well, I'm glad Buster is fine, because I'm not...." So after I had told Tony, in great detail, about my unlucky, finger incident, I asked him to please take a picture of my partially wood-ingrained finger, because it hurt me too much to press the camera's button . And as I was telling him about me just blogging about wooden-hands and about Ronnie "having a wooden-baby," Tony snapped this picture of my temporary, hermetically sealed, wood-nail. And I drew these little arrows, on the photo, to show you exactly where these painful pricks are located.


And as I finish writing this, at 3:30, I am fixin' to go put a splint, on my finger, using two, short, colored pencils, because we don't have any popsicle-sticks. And then I'm going to wrap it up, using at least six big Band-Aids. 

Then I'm going to take a short nap with our dogs, before we go over to the property. Because when we get there I want to do an historic, re-enactment of exactly how I injured my finger, so Tony will understand how it happened. And I am also taking my Bose with me, so I can have it playing the JJ Cale and Eric Clapton sound check, (live in San Diego) 2007. 
    
Tomorrow I will tell you about our great friends/volunteers that came out this morning and walked our dogs for us. And our hilarious, super fun, delicious lunch, at the Medina Highpoint Resort's Koyote Grill.

4 comments:

Fay said...

Oh Nancy! That is NOT fun, and I cannot imagine the pain you're in. Cringe-worthy indeed!! Hope you get relief soon and get those little boogers out!!!

cousin nancy said...

Hi Fay! Those wooden pricks are still under my fingernail and my finger is hurting big-time. Thank you for your concern. At least someone feels sorry for me. : )

Kris said...

Hi Fay! It looks worse and more painful in person. Ouch.
Kris

cousin nancy said...

Hi Kris! Thank you for feeling sorry for me, too.