Tuesday, July 4, 2017

George West!

This past week has been busy and fun for Tony and me. The busy part for us was taking care of the rescue ranch, giving tours to visitors and getting Blue adopted to a fabulous home. So sweet, smart Blue is now happily living on a big ranch, between here and Bandera, with a big, beautiful and very friendly German Shepherd. And of course, we are more than thrilled about it.


The other busy stuff that I've been doing is writing and then rewriting up a storm, on my third Cowgirl Sisterhood novella, because I've been so inspired by a recent, big-time, exciting event that has occurred.

You may be asking yourself, "So what in the world has occurred?" or you may not, but all that I can tell you right now is—Tony and I have been on Cloud 9 ever since June the 22nd. And that is my biggest excuse for me not having the time to blog. 

I don't like leaving you in suspense, even though I have to admit that it is actually kind of fun, but I do promise to "let the cat out of the bag" much sooner than later. And that's a promise.

Because today is the 4th of July holiday, last night I told Tony that I was sleeping in this morning, so I could catch up on some much needed sleep. And I asked him to please not wake me, because I assumed that Big G was off today and that we would not be doing my Utopia Rescue Ranch segment, on his popular, morning radio show. But of course, I assumed wrong.

At 7:20 sharp, I was in bed snuggling with our dogs, while dreaming about me spinning all of that precious, dog-hair that I have received, from around the Planet, to help me make Carol's Top Bun Christmas present. And icy dream was just about to turn into a big-time nightmare, because I had started choking on some long, black, curly dog hair and was trying to yell, "Tony!" when I heard our rescue ranch phone ring. "Rescue Ranch. We can't come to the telephone right now. Please leave a message and we'll call you back as soon as possible."

Then I heard, "Hello, Nancy? This is Big G." And a few seconds later, his call was ended.

I truly felt guilty about not doing Big G's show this morning, for only a couple of seconds and then I fell back to sleep, so Tony could come running to rescue me, by giving me the Heimlich Maneuver.

Around 8:30, I finally climbed out of bed as our dogs jumped off of our bed and we all went into the kitchen, so I could make myself some Donut Shop Coffee. 

At 9:14, I was in the shower thinking about how to braid the dog hair into a cute, tiny bun, when a woman named Jennifer called and left a message for me on Carlton. "....We are on vacation, in Bandera and I was hoping that you would be open today, because my son has read your book and he really wants to meet you. We will only be in the area until about noon. My phone number is...."

Ten minutes later I returned Jennifer's call, "Hello, this is Nancy, at the rescue ranch. We are closed today, but we would love for y'all to come out....Would 11:00 be okay?"

It was okay, because at 11:00 sharp Tony walked inside The Cabin, and said, "They're here and I'm fixin' to give them a tour of your writing cabin." And two minutes later, I was outside greeting and shaking hands with Jennifer and her two, lovely kids Keithen and Cassidy.

And after Cassidy had told me that she loved dogs and that she was 8 years old and Keithen had told me that he was 11 years old and had loved reading my book. I invited them to come inside The Cabin, so we could sit down for a visit.

When we came inside, Cassidy told us that she knew about Outer Space and she wanted to go into Outer Space and then Keith told us that he wanted to see Kermit, our green Polaris 4X4. And we granted their wishes.

First, we took them into Outer Space and had a fun visit with them and that's when Tony and I learned that they were neighbors with our old friends, Lance & Stassa, in George West. And then Tony took Cassidy and Keithen for a fun, but short ride on Kermit, before Kermit ran out of gas, down by the creek and they had to walk back to the rescue ranch. 

And before we adios-ed our new friends Jennifer, Keithen and Cassidy, from George West, I signed a couple of my books and gave them to Cassidy and Keithen. And then we asked them to please tell Lance & Stassa that we said, "Howdy and to please come see us when they are in the area." And that's about it for today.

Y'all have a safe and happy 4th of July and keep on laughing!

No comments: