Wednesday, January 15, 2014

We're Talking Cement!

Today has been great and a lot of fun. This morning Kinky called me and asked me to come over to the Lodge, so we could discuss some things about our upcoming, exciting benefit, Concert For Utopia. After Kink and I had our business meeting, in his office, we went outside, to visit with Chet O'Keefe.

During our fun visit, Kinky jokingly told us, "Sophie has put on so much weight, I'm thinking about getting her a personal trainer to help her lose the weight." We laughed and then suggested that he cut back on feeding his precious Cocker Spaniel so much.

"Walking will help Sophie shed the pounds," I suggested.

"I guess I could start taking her on a couple of short walks everyday," Kinky said.

"I'll be glad to loan you my Walk Away the Pounds DVD, for Sophie," I joked. "Then she could walk away her pounds, in the privacy of the Lodge." Chet and Kinky thought that was pretty funny and they both started laughing.

"Maybe Sophie should go over and spend a couple of weeks in The Okay Corral, at the rescue ranch," Kinky said. "Sort of like a boot camp to help her lose a few pounds."

"Kinky, Sophie is so fat. She needs to lose at least five to ten pounds," I pointed out. "I think you should keep her over here, cut back on how much you are feeding her and call this place, "Echo Hill Fat Camp." Then I looked down at Sophie, laughed, and said, "Sophie just shot me one of her "go to h@&&" looks."

About ten minutes later, after a really fun visit with Kinky and Chet, Kinky invited Tony and me to join him and Big G for lunch, in Kerrville, to discuss the Concert For Utopia. Then Trigger took me home.

Our lunch with Big G and Kinky was hilarious from the git-go. If we weren't laughing—we were eating. In fact, it was so much fun, Big G and I are going to talk about it tomorrow morning at 7:20, on Big G's Texas Roadshow, KERV 1230AM and on the REV 94.3FM, before I do Harley's Show at 7:45.

At 5:15, as I was writing this, the dogs cranked up outside and Mama ran from our bedroom to the front door, opened the door and went outside barking. Since Tony was gone—hauling off trash, I stepped outside on the front porch and then I skipped all of the way to Buttermilk. Tom Landry had dug out again and I saw him down at Kate Middleton's pen, flirting with her.

It only took Buttermilk and me five minutes to catch Tom and return him to his and Grace Kelly's pen. He had dug a huge hole this time, so I started filling it up with the rocks that he had earlier removed.

Two minutes later, Tony and Trigger arrived and Tony finished filling up the hole, as I stood there and watched. "Tony, we're talking cement," I said. "Tomorrow, after we get done with our chores, let's go to town and buy some Quik-rete and line the outside of their pen with bags of it. I know that will solve this problem once and for all." Needless to say, "Tony said nothing, because he knew that he would be doing most of the heavy-lifting work. And that is about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: