Tuesday, January 7, 2014

My Chicken & Dumplings!

The last two days have been great, because they were quiet days, with no excitement. Yesterday, while Tony and I were in Kerrville, enjoying lunch with our friends, Jim told me about him cooking up the best chicken and dumplings that he and Kris have ever eaten. After he told us about how easy it was to make, using a crock pot, he told me how to make Jim's Chicken & Dumplings.

After an enjoyable lunch with our friends, Tony and I went to the little H-E-B to buy the ingredients needed for Cousin Nancy's Chicken & Dumplings recipe, that I had just stolen from Jim. Then we came home, so I could pre-cook the chicken and dumplings and only have to heat them up for today's lunch.

Early this morning, before I did the Utopia segment, on Big G's popular radio show, I made Mama a special meal. I mixed her dry dog food with a heaping scoop of chicken and dumplings, because she doesn't like to take her pain pills and I knew that I could hide one inside a big dumpling. To say the least, "Mama is feeling no pain and she loves my chicken and dumplings recipe."

Around noon, Tony and I came inside to eat lunch and to say the least, once again, "Tony and I love my chicken and dumplings."

When Kinky called me around 12:30, I told him about my chicken and dumplings and I asked him if he was interested in trying some. "Yes, Nance. I'm very interested. Come on over..." Five minutes later, I was over at the Lodge hand delivering Kinky a baggie full of my delicious chicken and dumplings.

About an hour later, Kinky called me again, to discuss "our big secret", which is our upcoming benefit for the rescue ranch . When I asked him if he had liked my chicken and dumplings, he said, "I've not eaten them yet, but Chumley loved them and he licked his dog bowl clean." And that is about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: