Friday, January 31, 2014

Take A Load Off Fanny! or DQ!

Today has been great. I apologize for not posting anything for three days and the reason that I didn't was because I have been a little too busy with all kinds of paperwork, etc.

This morning June and Jim, our great volunteers came out to walk our dogs for us and Dawn, from Medina, came out to volunteer to walk our dogs for her very first time.

Because I was winding up my paperwork, I was running late to get outside. When I finished doing my paperwork, I took a shower, quickly got dressed and then I went outside to greet everyone and then do my morning chores.

While I was feeding Mr. Rogers and Miss Dee, I noticed that my 501 Levis were awfully loose fitting on me, in fact, they were so loose I bet that I could have just pulled them down, without unbuttoning them. It was like I had dropped two sizes overnight.

When I went to my next pen to feed Miranda Lambert and Blake Shelton, I started getting concerned about loosing so much weight so fast, because I don't think you burn many calories sitting and doing paperwork and then I remembered that yesterday, Carol had also made a comment about me looking like I had lost some more weight. Then I started worrying, because you can't take a load off fanny so fast, unless you are sick.

After I finished feeding the dogs, I jumped inside Kermit and took off for The Cabin, so I could weigh myself, which normally is something that I am never in a hurry to do.

When I weighed myself, I had only lost one pound and that is not enough to make your jeans baggie. Then it hit me—maybe I had accidentally put on Tony's Levis, in haste to get outside. And I was right!

When I went back outside, in my tight-fitting jeans, to help Tony finish cleaning the dog pens, I was happy that I wasn't sick, but I was also sad, because I still need to drop more pounds.

When I arrived at the feed barn, Tony and June were talking about one of our dogs. A minute later, when Tony asked me if I was okay. I confessed to them about accidentally wearing Tony's jeans, instead of mine.

The five of us ate lunch, at the Medina Highpoint Resort and it was so much fun. During our lunch, we got to talking about our childhood nicknames given to us. June's nickname was hilarious, but cannot be divulged, Jim's was Jimmy, Tony never had one given to him and mine was Doodle Bug.

When Dawn told us that she didn't have a nickname and then started telling us about her childhood days things started to get a little funny. She told us that she had lived two miles away from a small town and having to walk to school with cows walking with her. "Seriously, my best friends were cows. I loved them so much and they loved me back. They were Black Angus cows and I even gave them names, even though they weren't my cows."

"Then your nickname ought to be Dairy Queen or DQ for short," I teased Dawn. After everyone had quit laughing, I said, "And, you were the cow-ard of the county and one day when you were hoofing your way to school, with your cowfriends, this big, bully, cowboy came along and milked you out of fifty-five cents, so he could buy enough gas, for his black Mustang, to get him to Cowtown. Because he was going to ride a bull and rope a steer, at a rodeo that night."

"Look out everybody," June jokingly remarked. "Nancy's on a roll, again."

"And that's no B.S. too," I shot-back, ending my long-winded roll. Then I quit talking and let everybody else do the talking, so I could eat the rest of my delicious lunch.

Before we adios-ed our good friends: Pete, Sarah and Chris, who work at the resort, Sarah and I talked about me possibly doing a book signing, at the Medina Highpoint Resort, sometime in March. I told her that I would love to do it and the only date that didn't work for me right now was Saturday, March 1st, because I will be at the Boerne Library, from 10 -2 PM, to sell and sign my books, along with other local authors.

Then I told her about our exciting, upcoming benefit, Concert For Utopia, on Palm Sunday, April 13th, at the Cailloux Theatre, in Kerrville, at 3:30 featuring Ray Benson & Asleep At The Wheel, Billy Joe Shaver, Chet O'Keefe and Jesse Dayton's salute to George Jones. Which Kinky said is incredibly great. And that is about it for tonight, because I'm fixin' to watch a movie.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: