Monday, January 27, 2014

Fay Maclachlan Is Coming!

Today has been great, but first I want to tell you about last night. I had so much fun writing the beginning of my new fiction book. Everything just kept flowing and easily falling into place, that I couldn't type it fast enough. Which proved to me that I was meant to write this book right now, before finishing my third, fiction, mystery, cliffhanger, Cowgirl Sisterhood novella.

Because I am so excited about writing this book, all that I can tell you is that I don't have a name for it yet, but I know that it will reveal itself to me when it is time. My new book is going to be humorous and serious fiction and it is about dogs primarily and other animals. Enough said, because I am superstitious and I don't want to put a jinx on my new book project. For now, my lips are sealed and only Tony and Steve know what I am writing and they have promised me, not to tell anyone. (I am so glad that we went over to see Steve yesterday, because on our way over there, that's when I got my inspiration to write it! And when Tony and Steve encouraged me to write it—that sealed the deal for me.)

This afternoon, after lunch, Tony was in his office working on his computer and I was doing my daily paperwork, at the kitchen table, when Mama barked, ran out our bedroom, flew past me, straight to the front door. When she opened the door herself and went outside, I had to chuckle to myself, because I knew that I was not having a deja vu—The Hole Under The Fence Gang had once again dug out of their pen.

When Tony walked into the big room, he was putting on his coat, and said, "Grace Kelly and Tom Landry got out again. Dang it. I'll take care of it this time." Then he went outside, jumped on Kermit, our Polaris 4 wheeler, and took off to go catch the two greatest escape artists, ever to live, at our rescue ranch.

Thirty minutes later, Tony walked back inside our thirty-year-old trailer and said, "They're back in their pen and I fixed it, so they won't ever be coming out of that hole, again..." Then he went back to his office.

Now, let me tell you about the three things that have made my day so great. This morning, a nice woman named Sandy, who works at the Boerne Library, called to invite me to come and be a part of their annual, local authors event, to give the opportunity to local authors to sell their books, on Saturday, March 1st, from 10 -2:00 and I was thrilled about being invited. And I am going to be there!

More great news is that my dear friend Fay, up in Toronto, that has, over the years, adopted two dogs from us, Kris Kristofferson and Kia aka Lassie, is flying down to help out and attend our dynamite Concert For Utopia, featuring Ray Benson & Asleep At The Wheel, Billy Joe Shaver, Chet O'Keefe and Jesse Dayton, at The Cailloux Theatre, on Palm Sunday, April 13th, at 3:30.

Tony and I are so thrilled to hear that Fay is coming down, because she is a dear friend of ours, that we have never met in person. ( FYI: Fay is one of the main, fictional characters in my mystery, cliffhanger novellas.) Anyway, we cannot wait to see Fay. And trust me, we will make sure to give her a good time in Texas.

The last great thing that happened today is our dear friends, Chet O'Keefe and Don, came over, around 4:00, for a really fun visit. While we were inside The Cabin, Chet announced that he has just written and recorded another song and we got to be the first to listen to it. Because listening to his new song gave me goose bumps, because it was so beautiful, I made sure to tell him, before they left to go back over to Kinky's. And that is about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening!

2 comments:

Fay said...

Wow! I got blogged!! ; ))
So happy to have booked my flight and accommodation today. Will be a wonderful trip and PLEASE... put me to work while I'm there! I'll help in any way I can. So happy to see where my dogs both lived before they took the flight up to Canada to live with me. Love 'em! xoxo
Will be a great Benefit, and will be wonderful meeting up with everyone that I know virtually from Nancy's online blog, books, etc.
Texas, there's a Canadian fixin' to visit your neck of the woods. Woot! Woot! eh? xo

cousin nancy said...

We are so thrilled that you are coming to see us, I am going to put our good bedspread on our bed! Now, that's showing just you how important you are to us.