Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Queen For A Day! or Wedding Bells!

Since Sunday evening, when Leisa and Rick arrived out here, with Leisa's cute little dog Squirt—it has been a lot of fun.

On Monday, Memorial Day morning, after Tony and Rick had done the outside chores, our dear friend Fourth came out to visit and drink some coffee with us in Outer Space and we had a blast. Then we spent the rest of day just hanging out.

On Tuesday, Primary Day, after Leisa took off for San Antone to go visit her family, Rick, Tony and I went to Kerrville to run some errands. Our first stop was at the Biker Church, on Highway 16, so T. and I could vote. Then we on into Kerrville, because Rick wanted to treat us to lunch, at The Hat, before running a few errands.

Our next stop was at Wolfmueller's Books, so we could visit with Sandy & Jon and needless to say, "we did a whole lot of laughing there." Then we went to Home Depot to buy some wildbird supplies. Then after filling up Buttermilk at the H-E-B we came home, so we could all take a nap from our busy day, but that didn't happen, because Kinky had called—wanting to know if he could bring his friends over, so they could meet us and see the rescue ranch.

Kink's friends were so nice and we spent a lot of time visiting with them outside, talking about our love for chickens, dogs, wildflowers, pigs and music. And when I found out that one of them could sing and play the ukelele, I invited everyone to come inside The Cabin for a jam session.

While we had a fun time playing some music with Kinky, Mama and Roy Rogers actually stole the show, because everyone had fallen in love with our two giant, sweet dogs, so as we picked and grinned Kinky's friends were constantly kissing and petting Mama and Roy.

When Leisa arrived back from San Antone, around 6:45, she walked inside The Cabin and instantly sat down on the bench, so she could enjoy the rest of the music, that only lasted for about twenty more minutes, because Kinky & Friends had to leave, so they could go eat dinner in Kerrville.

Around 9:00 last night, after we had gone down memory lane, talking and laughing about those old black & white television shows, I remembered "Queen For A Day," that Rick, Tony & me had watched as kids, so Tony found a full 30 minute clip of it on YouTube, so Leisa could watch it, because she hadn't been born yet.

Talk about hilarious! We laughed non-stop as the women contestants took turns trying to outdo each other's down- and-out pitiful stories, so they could win and be Queen For A Day and win a new washing machine. We laughed at their stories, their hairstyles, their outfits they were wearing and the hilarious old commercials that were so funny they caused my back to go out. But I didn't complain about my back, because I had so much fun watching that old TV show.

Early this morning, while the guys were at the Old Timer drinking coffee, Leisa and I were talking and laughing and drinking coffee in our kitchen, as I started cooking breakfast, so when our men returned home from Medina, it would be ready for us to eat.

After breakfast, while Rick and T. did the morning chores outside, Leisa began packing up their things, so they could get an early start, back to Port Aransas, so I did some paperwork and returned a few phone calls. Then we had two nice surprise visits.

Unbeknownst to me, Cole, a friend of ours son, had come out to do 8 hours of community service for us, because it was a requirement for one of his college courses, so Tone put him to work doing some mowing and then Tony came up the trailer to tell me about Cole coming out and then he said, "Cole is a fine musician and I've asked him to come up to the trailer in about thirty-minutes, so you, Rick and Leisa can hear him play."

Twenty minutes later, Tony's and my dogs started barking outside, so I went out to the front porch to see what was going on and standing by the front gate stood Tony with Spike Gillespie, my dear friend and fellow author. "Spike! Omg, I can't believe it is you! Come on inside so we can visit."

After introducing Leisa and Rick to Spike we all got to visiting, trading some funny stories and ten minutes later, Cole walked inside The Cabin, so he could play a few songs for us, that he had written, so T. handed him my guitar and then Cole's fabulous mini-concert began.

Cole had a beautiful voice and he had all of us mesmerized as we listened to his lyrics and his awesome guitar playing. After Cole had performed three of his songs for us and we had thanked him for playing for us he went back outside to do some more yard work.

Five minutes later, Leisa & Rick adios-ed us and then they took off for Port Aransas. Then Spike and I were like two old friends, who could not wait to catch up with each others latest news. We talked about her book writing seminars that she is putting on, in Austin, her son, our travels etc. and Rebound, the adorable Boston Terrier that she adopted from us many years ago, after going through her divorce.

But when she told me about becoming a minister, that can legally marry people and then about all of the people that she has married—I was all ears. "Nancy, it is really fun to marry people and I think that you should do it too, to make a little extra money..."

So, after Spike had left I went online to check it out and guess what? I am now a certified minister and I can legally marry people too and it only cost me a little bit of money and only took about ten minutes of my time!

So, this afternoon when I went over to visit with Kinky, I told him about me becoming a certified minister, that can perform legal marriages and he thought it was pretty cool too. And that is about it for tonight, because our dear friend Carol is coming over for happy hour.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: