Thursday, May 10, 2012

A Cave Full Of Ghosts!


Today has been great. Right now it is raining hard outside and since last Saturday night, we've now gotten over four and a half inches of precious rain! I am writing this early this evening, because of tonight's predicted heavy thunderstorms, in the Texas Hill Country. "Come on RAIN!"

This morning, while Tony was outside doing our chores, all by himself, because he didn't want me to get myself all wet, from the heavy down pour, I decided to take a bubble bath, to help soothe my aching joints, because yesterday Tony and I did a lot of mowing.

While I was soaking and relaxing in my beautiful plastic garden tub, which now has to be at least thirty-years old or half of my age, I was thinking about how lucky and grateful I was to have so many wonderful friends, my job that I love doing, for Tony and our fabulous fur-family, and all of the other great things in my life—a gigantic, black spider suddenly jumped from a flower pot onto the tub faucet, so I screamed, "Tony!"

The dogs came running into the bathroom, but Tone didn't, because he was still outside, getting soaking wet, because he was doing our chores.

As I quickly pulled the drain plug in the tub and jumped out to put on my bi-focals so I could get a better look at him/her, I was praying that this scary-looking creature, who was probably on the verge of committing spider suicide—wouldn't off himself in my presence, because I was standing naked—drying myself off, with all of our dogs curiously watching me.

While I quickly dressed into my clothes my eyes never strayed from spider man/woman.

Once I was dressed I decided to remain in the bathroom, in hopes that I could show it to T. So, to help pass the time away, I talked to spider man/woman and begged the confused spider "not-to-do-it."

A few minutes later, I heard the front door open and close, because it needs for me to put some more WD-40 on it, to oil its squeaking hinges. "Tony! There's a spider in here!" I half-hollered.
Then I heard Tony walking, not rushing, to come check out our intruder. "It's just a water spider. They're harmless," Tony said. "It's won't hurt you."

Before I finish writing this, I have some exciting news to tell about me getting to read an advanced copy of Billy Bob Thornton's & Kinky's soon to be released book, The Billy Bob Tapes: A Cave Full of Ghosts, with the introduction by Angelina Jolie!

It is a must read and I loved reading it. "It is a narrative based on late-night conversations with Kinky Friedman and other friends who gathered 'round to hear Billy mine a cave of ghosts."


P.S. We're now up to five and a half inches of rain!

 Y'all have a great evening!

3 comments:

Fay said...

Ooooh! going to buy this NOW online. Mad love for both Kinky and BBT.

cousin nancy said...

Hi Fay! You will love the book.

Fay said...

Just saw BBT on Kelly Live (Wednesday morning). They didn't let him say much as they were interrupting him the whole time, but he did manage to get a few words in, including his admiration and trust for Kinky in writing the book. Fun!