Thursday, February 9, 2012

Randy's & Lisa's Save Inn Restaurant Rules!

Today has been a great day. This morning while Tony did the chores outside, I did the chores inside with the help of Hazel and by 11:30 The Cabin was as clean as Hazel and I could get it and Tone was finished with his chores outside.

Before we took off for Kerrville to run some errands, I called Kinky, who was with Dylan on their way to Austin, to tell him how The Friedmans were doing at Camp Okay Corral and he was pleased as punch, as I bragged about how well The Friedmans were doing at camp.

After that, I grabbed my camera and purse and then we took off for Kerrville. Our first stop was at Randy & Lisa's Save Inn Restaurant to eat lunch and while we were eating our delicious lunch our dear friend Max Swafford walked inside, so we invited him to join us. "I know Tony is eating a Chicken Fried steak, but what are you eating, Nancy? It looks good."

"It is, Max. It's their English Fish & Chips, one of their specialty plates." Then the friendly waitress, wearing a pretty, pink Save Inn Restaurant came up and asked Max what he wanted to eat.

"Hmm. I think I'll have the Chicken Fried Steak, but make it the half order, please."

We had a really fun visit with Max as he ate his half Chicken Fried Steak dinner and Tone happily devoured his peach cobbler a la mode.

After a short, but fun visit with Lisa as I paid our bill, we left The Save Inn and went to the Kerr pound, so we could rescue two dogs, because Reata and Walter Cronkite fortunately found their forever fantastic homes. After going through the pound to check out the dogs Tony and I decided to adopt a sweet male terrier and a lovable, female Lab mix, right next door to him and after we signed the dog's paperwork we took the dogs to Hoegemeyer Animal Clinic to get them spayed/neutered, shots, etc.







When I walked inside Hoegemeyer's with the terrier and T. walked inside with the Lab, Susan greeted us, "Hello, Utopia Animal Rescue Ranch! Who are these beautiful dogs?"

"The terrier mix is Cosmo Topper and the Lab mix is Dale Evans," I said, which caused Susan and the people in the lobby to chuckle and to say nice things about the dogs. "We just rescued them from the pound and they need to be spayed/neutered, shots, wormed, etc." 

When Susan came out of her reception office to take the dogs from us, Cosmo Topper and Dale Evans happily wagged their tails, as she petted them and told them how lucky, beautiful and handsome they were—and she was absolutely right.

Our last stop was at Herring Printing, Kerrville's favorite print shop. When we walked inside Joe Herring greeted us and we had a fun visit with him, as he found our printing order. Then Buttermilk took us home.

Tonight I am going to play my guitar with Tony on mandolin and I can't wait!

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: