Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A Life Changing Event!

Today has been great. Today, around noon, I had a life changing event and I am expecting to have several more in the next fourteen days and I cannot wait. And it has nothing to do with me painting our front door red.

A few weeks ago, while I was outside visiting with June, Eileen, Lisa and Ellen, our Fab 4 volunteers, Ellen handed me a really cute business card that she had designed, for her and June's newly purchased Shoestring Ranch, just down the road from us. As we admired her business card I asked her where she had gotten them made and she told me the web address. "You get 250 free business cards and all you have to do is pay for the shipping." And her words have changed my life for the good and have made me a happier, creative woman.

On that fateful day, when we had returned from running errands in Kerrville, I sat down at my laptop, on the kitchen table and typed in the address that Ellen had told me and I could not believe how cool it was! Within minutes I had designed two funny business cards for me, for free, except for paying for the shipping and I was thrilled knowing that in fourteen days or less I would receive them.

A few days later, Tony asked me if I could design him a business card about his photography and he was more excited than me, when I showed him what I had designed for him. "Just think," I said. "In fourteen days or less they will be here!"

When Tony left the kitchen to go back to his office, I went back online and did a little more creating, so to speak, because I was hooked on designing free magnets, sticky note pads, mugs, t-shirts, etc. and it was free except for the shipping, even though the mugs and t-shirts costs were half-off the regular price.

Then a few days later, I couldn't resist designing cute business cards for Sophie, Kinky's dog, the love of his life, because I knew it would make him laugh about her having her own business cards.

And that is why I am on Cloud Nine tonight, because my first, two sets of business cards arrived today, a day earlier than expected and they look awesome. In fact, when Tony saw them he laughed out loud, then he asked me if he could have a few to give away to his friends tomorrow, at the Old Timer.

Tonight, I am going to try to resist creating another funny, free business cards by watching a movie. And I owe all of this new found joy to Ellen. Thank you, Ellen, because as you well know, if it is free—it's for me! And I love it.

P.S. Today we picked up Cosmo Topper and Dale Evans from Hoegemeyer Animal Clinic and they seem pretty happy to be here. Cosmo is now LuLu's new roommate and Dale Evans is happily sharing a pen with Dr. John.

Y'all have a great evening!

1 comment:

Eileen said...

Nancy, I made the 2010 Dog Rescue and Training Seminar banner through that company you are so happy about! I'm waiting for the arrival of t-shirts I designed for Ellen, June, Lisa and me when we go to the Assassination City Roller Derby season opener up in Dallas! I had the great Parkland nurse/roller derby team member's name put on our t-shirts in a hot pink scroll print on black background and it looks great! We'll be cheering for Luna Tick Tick Boom! Maybe it will be broadcast on the internet and you and Tony can watch it and see us in the crowd!!!