Thursday, February 16, 2012

Mari's Pretty, Pink Sheepskin!

Today has been great. This afternoon Tony and I went to Hoegemeyer's Animal Clinic to drop off Underdog, so he could be groomed and then we went to the Home Depot to purchase a lawn mower and some more Round Up, to get rid of the Thistle invasion, that we are fighting. We also bought some more 1" X 4" cheap Swedish Pine, that Ronnie calls "sticks," since he is a home builder, because we are fixin' to put the sticks up in our hallway, so it will make Tony's Hallway Photography Gallery look much nicer. Which we will probably do tomorrow afternoon.

When we got home we unloaded the inexpensive Swedish lumber in Outer Space, to protect it from the predicted 3" of rain that we are supposed to get tonight and tomorrow and then we grabbed our new Round Up jugs and began attacking the unwanted Thistle.

The Thistle War lasted for several hours and when we had finally won the battle my back was threatening to go out on me, but I ignored it, because I wanted to do a little mowing, with our new push mower, because it has been over a year and a half since we've had to use a mower, because of the drought.

So tonight, as I type this, I am sitting on Mari's pretty, pink sheepskin in hopes that my back will not go out on me. And that is about it for tonight, because I am fixin' to go online to create some business cards for a friend's birthday.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: