Saturday, September 11, 2010

Roger, Up In Kansas!

This morning I overslept. I woke up at eight o'clock, because Thunder was barking right next to my head, because she wanted to eat. After I fed the dogs, did breakfast and walked six miles I decided to play beauty shop with Toto.

I am not sure if it is because Mercury is in retrograde that Toto was out of sorts, but he was a real stinker. He growled the whole time I was trimming his curly hair. When Tony put him in the kitchen sink for me to give him a bath he tried to bite T. with his one tooth. Needless to say no blood was drawn or skin dented.

After Toto's bath I dried him off and then he turned back into the sweet, little old dog that he usually is. And rightRoger  now he is prancing around the trailer showing off his new Doo. Tomorrow is going to be Mama's turn to take a bath. And, like most Great Pyrenees, she likes to take baths so much—she shares her joy by getting Tone and me completely soaked when we wash her.

Before fixin' lunch I got on the Internet and was pleasantly surprise when I checked eBay and saw that one person (our friend Roger, up in Wichita, Kansas) had placed a $50.00 bid on Kinky's used electric typewriter! Thank you, Roger. It made my day.

When I called Kinky and told him about the first bid and hopefully not the last, he laughed and couldn't believe it. "Make sure they know the F key doesn't work," he warned, and then it was my turn to laugh.

Today we had a few visitors that came out to take tours, but unfortunately, no adoptions and I'm blaming it on Mercury in retrograde and am looking forward to tomorrow when Mercury goes out of retrograde and is direct again—until it returns on December 10th - 30th. So, it looks like the upcoming holiday season could be a little rough and rocky, but the good news is we will be starting off the New Year on higher positive vibes.

Tomorrow I plan to take the day off. In the morning I plan to go to Home Depot in Kerrtown, while Tony is doing his outside chores, so I can buy some new tiles for Ronnie's coffee table that Cindy gave me. There is nothing wrong with the blue tiles in the table now, except they aren't the right color for me. Tony doesn't want to go with me, because he doesn't enjoy shopping and he knows that it will take me at least thirty minutes before I decide on the new tile colors. I'm thinking either a black and white checkerboard pattern or possibly pink. I plan to spend tomorrow afternoon, after giving Mama her bath, re-tiling the table and then it will be ready to go into Outer Space. And, I will take before and after pictures.

P.S. I hope that Callie Dean did good today in her second dog obedience class and I am looking forward to hearing about it from Eileen.

Y'all have a great evening!

5 comments:

Roger said...

I can't believe I'm the only person in the world who has bid on the world famous Kinky Friedman typewriter with a worn out "F"??

Tammom said...

Cousin Nancy - The Girl Scouts of Medina mentioned our upcoming excitement of doing service hours with ya'll at our last meeting, and we now have scouts in Cibilo and Kerr County who want to help, too! Please email me at hrhtqop at gmail dot com so I can get more information and give your contact information to these other service units.

cousin nancy said...

Hi Tammom. I am so excited about the Girl Scouts helping us. I sent you an e-mail and I hope that you received it. Please give me a call.

Tammom said...

I did not receive your email, Nancy . Please try re-sending. Tammom

cousin nancy said...

I can't I no longer have the address. Please call me.