Saturday, July 31, 2010

Till The Day I Die!

Today was a great day until six-fifteen this evening. I have been crying my eyes out since then and I am so upset and depressed right now, because my heart has been broken again and I am getting really tired of that and don't know how much more I can bare. I am crying as I try to type this short blog tonight.

Today, of course, was our Open House and we had several visitors come out to take tours and I got a lot of paperwork done and books ready to be mailed out on Monday.

This afternoon around four-fifteen Matt and Lisa, our great volunteers, came out and I had a really fun visit with them before they took off with Tone to help him with some ranch chores.

While they were gone I let our four old dogs, Little Girl fourteen years old, Thunder fourteen years old, Hank thirteen years old and Toto fourteen,too go outside to take care of their business and then I let them back inside the trailer except for Thunder, because she couldn't figure out how to get up the ramp for the final three steps it took to get inside our trailer, that we had made for her last week.

I tried to help her several times walk up the plank to get inside our trailer, but she kept falling off of it or falling down and it was really hot outside. I felt helpless.

At six-fifteen I saw Tony down at the barn with Matt and Lisa and hollered and waved for him to come up to the trailer to help Thunder get inside our trailer. One minute later Tony was outside on the porch, as Lisa and Matt drove away, trying to help Thunder, but she couldn't walk up the ramp without falling down. So T. picked her up and carried her inside.

When Thunder came inside she went straight for  the water bowl and then she fell and collapsed beside it and bit her tongue when she tried to drink some water. I started crying as drops of blood from her tongue fell onto the floor as she struggled to get up and that is when I knew it was time for us to put her to rest and it literally broke my heart, because I love her so much, because she is  one of the greatest dogs that I have ever shared my life with. She was a perfect dog and full of love and has never done one thing bad. To me she is a true angel that was sent to me from up above and I have loved her as much as any family member I have.

After Tony carried her over to her quilt to rest, he and I wiped up the drops of blood on the floor and then I went and sat down beside her on the floor trying to get her to lick some ice cubes. I cried as I petted her and Tony cried, because we knew it was time to do the humane thing.

Tonight our hearts have been broken again, because tomorrow morning we have to take Thunder, our  great dog and one of our best friends, to Hoegemeyers and have her put to rest and we don't want to do it, because we love her as much as she has loved us. "I'm going to ask Luck-A-Luck to catch her," I said to Tony as I cried. "At least they will be together at the Rainbow Bridge waiting for us when it is our time."

I want to thank Matt and Lisa for coming out this afternoon and helping Tony. I love y'all and really enjoyed seeing y'all. And Thunder, please know that I will love you till the day I die and please come running to me as fast as you can when I get to that Rainbow Bridge. You were a perfect dog and I am going to miss you so much. Please kiss Lucky for me and tell him that I love him and miss him, too.

Y'all have a great evening and please give your fur friends a hug and thank them and tell them that you love them, because they are your greatest gifts you will ever have. It's all about unconditional love and they know it and love you no matter what you do. Bless all of the animals who share their lives with us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nancy and Tony,
I am heartbroken to read your blog tonight.
I am so sorry about Thunder.
Thinking about you all.

Christy

Sherri said...

Great news about Thunder!! YESSSS!!!
Sherri