Friday, July 23, 2010

Girls Night Out!

This morning after I walked six miles I went on Utopia's Facebook site and posted a link to our 2010 newsletter, then I spent the rest of my day stuffing envelopes and addressing them, so Tony can mail them out in the morning when he goes to Medina to drink coffee with his friends.

Todays newsletter paperwork has worn me out, because this is what I have to do for each newsletter before it goes out: First, I have to staple the two pages together, fold the newsletter twice, insert a remittance envelope inside the newsletter, place the newsletter inside the envelope, address the envelope, put a stamp on it and then seal the envelope and I did that over 200 times today. It does not take a rocket scientist to complete this simple task, but it is extremely time consuming, but it is well worth it, because along with Kinky's help that is how we raise the funds to keep on rescuin' on, so I am not complaining. I'm just tired tonight.

 An hour ago when I went with Tony to feed the cows I had a bright idea as I watched him feeding them. When he got into Buttermilk I started laughing and he asked me why I was laughing. "Tone, I just realized that I need a girls night out. And I'm going to do it tonight!" Tony frowned as we drove away from the cows. "Seriously T., these twelve hour days for the past month with no time off is really starting to take a toll on me. All I do is walk, work and sleep seven days a week." 

"I work seven days a week with no time off, too, Nance, and I am not complaining," Tone said, before getting out of Buttermilk so he could open the gate, so we could leave the cow pasture. On our way back to the rescue ranch there was complete silence. When we got out of Buttermilk to go inside the trailer he said, "I don't know what a girl's night out is exactly and you have never done this before, Nance. I'm pretty sure that I'm not going to like this. What are you going to do?  Go to a bar in Bandera or Kerrville?"

I could tell that T. was really bothered about me doing a girls night out tonight, so I said, "Tony, I love you! And I am not going to some bar anywhere. Good grief!"

"Well, what are you going to do then?"

"I'm going to spend the night in the Space Ship with Mama and read! It will be like taking an overnight camping trip with her. I'm not leaving the ranch. I'm just taking a break from the rescue ranch tonight. No telephone, TV or computer—nothing, but peace and quiet for me and Mama." Tony started laughing.

"I bet y'all come inside before daylight. You'll get scared." 

I made a five dollar bet with T. that I wouldn't, because Mama, my rescued Great Pyrenees would be with me and after we shook hands on it I said, "I am going to start packing and after I write tonight's blog we're going outside to the Space Ship."

It is now seven fory-five and Tony just took my overnight suitcase and box of fine wine outside to the Space Ship for me, but he has one more trip to make—my iPod and Bose iDock then I'm out of here!

Y'all have a great evening and sweet dreams! See you in the morning! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i bet your staycation was lovely.