Friday, July 30, 2010

How About La Toya Jackson!

Today has been a good one. This morning I got up really early. After doing my morning chores I walked eight miles with Leslie before Tony returned home from the Old Timer in Medina.

At nine-thirty I put on my blue jean overalls and then I went outside to do some grass cutting. While I was in our backyard cutting down the grass with the weed eater, June and her sister Ellen showed up to walk our dogs! Ten minutes later Jim, another one of our great dog walking volunteers, showed up! I knew immediately that it was going to be a great day.

A little while later when I was in an alley mowing I saw Ellen and June walking in with Honey and Dusty, so I cut off the mower and went to greet them and visit with them. After we said our howdies to each other June told me that she was using a training technique on Honey, that she had seen on the Dog Whisperer. "Nancy, Honey is a great dog, but she is horrible on a leash which makes it hard for her to adopt out. This morning when I put the collar up higher on her neck she started walking great. She has quit pulling me and she has started paying attention to me. She has really improved." Then June showed me how good Honey was behaving on the leash and I was impressed.

Then Ellen gave me an hilarious update on Jermaine Jackson, the super shy dog that she adopted from us recently. Then we started talking about Jermaine's littermate, Dusty and how none of us including Tony could remember if her name was Dusty or Sandy. "I think you should rename her," June suggested. "Every time I go into her pen to take her for a walk I can't remember if her name is Dusty or Sandy." And we agreed with June that we all had that problem. Here's a picture of Dusty aka Sandy aka Dusty, but unfortunately it is not a very good picture of her, because she looks sad in this one, but actually she is a sweet, loving dog. She's camera shy and this was the best that I could do.

"How about LaToya?" Ellen said. We all burst out laughing. "Why not? She's Jermaine's sister and she's another one of them who has never had a costume malfunction."

"Tony!" I hollered at T. a few pens down. "We've just renamed Dusty! Her new name is La Toya!" Tone laughed and then he went back to picking up poop in Randy Travis', Moe Bandy's and Mandy's pen.

This afternoon Kinky called me from San Francisco. He sounded great and he told me that he was enjoying his West Coast tour and the L.A. Times had just written a nice article about him. Then we caught up with each others news. Then I went back outside and did some more mowing.

I want to thank June, Ellen and Jim for coming out today to walk our dogs. I loved it, but our dogs loved it more! Thank y'all so much!

Y'all have a great evening!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As you all bear the unbearable, we will be thinking of all you sweethearts. God bless y'all and yours. lives seem to be over so fast. tears, love, peace. may your good keep you going. you are a good gal.