Sunday, July 18, 2010

Because, I'm The Winner!

Today has been good. This morning after I walked eight miles I went outside and push mowed our front yard, backyard, side yard, Layla's and Little Girl's pen, Dusty's pen and two alley ways and it took me two hours and fifty-five minutes.

When I came inside the trailer my clothes were soaking wet from all of the sweating I did outside. After taking a shower I cooked lunch for Tony and me. After lunch I cleaned up the kitchen and decided to take a short nap with my dogs.

Even though I never actually fell asleep I enjoyed having my best friends sleeping around me.

This afternoon around four o'clock Kinky called to invite us over to the Lodge for a visit. Tone couldn't go because he was too busy plowing some imagery field on his computer and time was of the essence, so Buttermilk took me over to the Lodge.

Kinky and I had a good visit inside the Lodge and then outside by the Friedman Family Bone Orchard. Then he challenged me to a shoot a game of pool with him.  I don't know what was going on, but for some reason it took us forever to sink the first ball. I ended up sinking the first ball and it was a solid. Kinky and I took turns missing our balls and the game seemed like it was never going to end.

Then Kinky got lucky and sank all of his balls with my two balls left on table. Then his lucky streak went away and neither one of us could sink the balls in the pockets for over three minutes. Finally, Kinky had a straight shot on the eight ball and he called the pocket and then he hit the cue ball really hard and I knew that I was fixin' to be a loser, again, but I wasn't, because the eight ball dropped into the pocket that Kinky had called and then the cue ball fell into a side pocket! "You win again, Nance." Then we started laughing about how I had won the game.

"Well, Kink," I said, as I walked toward the kitchen. "I'm gonna leave now, because I'm the winner." We started laughing and then Kinky started singing that funny, country song. "Kinky, I can't remember who sang that song."

"Bobby Bare sang "The Winner." Shel Silverstein wrote it for him back in 1976."

"That's right. I love Bobby Bare and his music, but that song, "The Winner" is my favorite. I think I'm going to go home and download it from iTunes."

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: