Monday, April 20, 2020

Can You Hear Me Now!

Today has been great. Tony and I went to Kerrville this afternoon and we bought groceries.

When we got back home after cleaning our groceries, etc. I noticed that my sweet sister Cindy had called, so I called her back.

I love talking to Cindy, because she is always positive and tries to stay upbeat and she never discusses the latest virus news. Thank goodness.

Anyway, in minutes after we had reported our latest adventures, how many jigsaw puzzles we had solved, visiting with family and friends while staying at least 20 feet away from them, etc.

During a pause in our conversation I recommended that she watch Outer Banks, a great new series on Netflix, "Tony and I loved it and we could not help binge-watching it..." And then I joked, "Outer Banks. O-U-T-E-R B-A-N-K-S, to make sure that you heard me right..." Then we laughed about she, Ronnie and me being hard of hearing and sometimes us not hearing things right—like Bandits.

Before we adios-ed each other she read me this funny e-mail that a friend had sent to her about the virus and senior citizens. Well, I laughed so hard I asked her to please send it on to me, so I could write about it tonight.


After she and I had quit laughing, a cartoon popped into my head, so I told her about it, "I want to do a cartoon of two senior citizens or maybe you and me as stick figures sitting 20 feet apart and wearing masks, trying to visit and we can't hear each other, because we are hard of hearing." Cindy thought it was funny and she suggested that I do it. 

So after we adios-ed each other I got out my art supplies and I sort of went overboard, because the stick figures turned into this picture of Cindy and me, in her backyard, wearing our masks, for a safe  20 foot visit. 

FYI: I am the one standing up screaming, "Can You Hear Me? Now?" and wearing the pink boots.) And I hope this makes you laugh. 


Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!

2 comments:

Mari of the NoMads said...

Not gonna criticize your artistic talents, but my VISUAL inadequacies made me think at first glance that "you" (in the picture) were being held up and I panicked because your six-gun holsters on your hips were empty.

I had to go back and read the backstory before wondering why your sister (in the picture) while wearing her 'disguise' mask was being so blase about robbing you - from a seated position yet.

Ya know, maybe it's best I not read your blog at nearly 2 am. I think I'll go to bed.

Just forget I said anything. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

cousin nancy said...

Hi Mari! Laugh out loud. I hope you got caught up on your beauty sleep.