Sunday, June 15, 2014

Do Over!

Today has been great. Tony and I have been very busy mowing and weed-eating outside, because we want the rescue ranch looking as beautiful as we can before Tony and I  host Chet O'Keefe's In House (Outdoor) Concert which is only six days away, on Summer Solstice Saturday, June 21st.

But I must confess that I have been laughing at myself, because for the very first time, in over ten years, I have actually been praying for it not to rain until after Chet's concert. I know that I should be ashamed for wishing for no rain, but I must because it seems that every time that we go out there and do yard work, and have just about gotten everything back to looking pretty again—it rains some more, causing a complete do over.

And I know as I am writing this—all that grass outside is growing as fast it can and will be at least two inches taller by morning. So, I've decided not to do anymore mowing until Wednesday, because more chances of rain have been predicted for Monday and Tuesday.

Tony and I are really excited about having Chet's In House (Outdoor) Concert out here. We know that everyone that has not yet heard our dear friend's awesome music, that will be coming to Chet's $20.00 per person concert, will instantly fall in love with his beautiful music and not want to leave when his fabulous concert comes to an end, but sadly they must go home, because Chet, Tony and I are going to be tired and will need time to rest before it hopefully rains again which of course will cause another outdoor do over for Tony and me.

Late this afternoon, I made a special Chet O'Keefe play list for my iPod. I picked songs from his two, great Cd's, Game Bird and Because Of You, along with some other beautiful songs, that he has not yet released, that he just wanted me to have. So when all of our guests start arriving, around 6:00, they can immediately start enjoying Chet's music, before his concert even begins, at 6:30.



If you are thinking about coming to Chet's In House (Outdoor) Concert, you can check out some of his awesome music, from our Concert For Utopia, that our dear friend, Gerry Olert, video-ed for us, singing his now famous The Talking Kerrville Blues and Gerry's fabulous video 2014 Utopia Update  which are also posted on my side bar under Roy's & My Favorite Links.

Chet also has a new Chet O'Keefe blog and you can also read The Austin Chronicle's awesome article written about him and his music. And that is about it for tonight, because I am going into Outer Space to play my guitar awhile, think about life and watch the green grass grow taller and taller. Which has just given me the idea to take a picture of the grass tonight, so I can compare it to tomorrow's growth.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: