Monday, June 9, 2014

Chubby!

Today has been great and I am writing this early and have scheduled it to post at 7:00 tonight, because of more possible evening thunderstorms.

Around 7:00 this morning, right after Tony took off for the Old Timer, in Medina, to go drink coffee with his friends, Mama and I decided to start our day early. While I was brewing a cup of Donut Shop coffee, I checked today's weather cast on my iPad Mini. Then I drank my coffee and went outside to start doing our morning chores, because I knew that Tony would not get back here before 9:30, because he was making a deposit for me, at the bank, in Bandera.

Around 9:30, it had just started raining lightly when Tony showed up. He stopped Buttermilk to ask me what chores were left to do. And when I told him that I had just finished feeding all of our dogs and had cleaned their pens, he said, "Thanks, Nance. You should have waited for me to help you."

"Not a problem," I said, as it suddenly started raining really hard. So, I jumped inside the Expedition to avoid getting soaked.

When we walked inside The Cabin, the phone rang—it was Kinky. "Nance, it's pouring over here. How long is this rain going to last?"

I immediately tapped my Weather Cast app, on my iPad Mini, to check. "Not long. It looks like we're on the tail end of the storm right now." Then I heard it thunder close by and hung up on Kinky and immediately started unplugging everything as fast as I could. And I'm sure that Kinky was over at the Lodge laughing about it.

I spent most of the day catching up on some boring paperwork. Around 4:00 Kinky called and invited me to come over, so we could visit, on the front porch and discuss his upcoming trip. When I arrived Kinky and The Friedmans came out to greet me. "Hi. What's wrong, Kinky?" I asked, because Kinky looked upset about something.

"I'm so mad at Sophie. She is so jealous of Peanut. She's been a bad dog, growling at Peanut every time that he comes near me...." By the time we walked inside his kitchen Sophie was minding her manners. She was ignoring the sweet, little, white, thirteen-year-old poodle, that Kinky is fostering for his friend, who is battling cancer.

We sat outside on the front porch visiting and not once did Sophie act up. While Peanut slept on Kinky's lap, with his head and tail resting on the arms of Kinky's rocking chair, we talked about Sophie's jealous streak and I joked and said, "Kinky, Sophie is going to work it out with Peanut sooner than later. She told me in the kitchen that she is bitter, because a few years ago, you didn't let her go to Kilgore to try out to become a famous Rangerette." That made Kinky laugh, because it has been a running joke with us for years. And besides that we are those weird people that enjoy talking for our dogs.

"Sophie darling, you can go to Kilgore," Kinky said to Sophie, who was snoozing between our rocking chairs.

"She can't, Kinky. It's too late, because she is too old now to be on the squad and she's let herself go and gotten herself chubby....." When I left to come back home Kinky, Sophie, Winston and Peanut were happy, because Kinky was going to cook them a steak for their dinner.

Before I end this post, so I can Mama some medicinal pancakes, I want everyone to know that Amazon has adopted a new charitable program called AmazonSmile. They sent me a snail-mail-letter inviting our rescue ranch to sign up, because when AmazonSmile is offered, on certain customer purchases, a percentage of the sell can go directly to our rescue ranch. It's a great deal and Pat, our fabulous web master has just added to www.utopiarescue donations page. Here's the link to check it out: http://utopiarescue.com/donations/

P.S. We got over a half inch of rain this morning!

Y'all have a great evening!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Y'all be safe..