Sunday, January 1, 2012

I Lied!

First off, I must confess that I lied last night, but not on purpose. After I had written last night's post, I cooked up some Orville Reddenbacher pop corn, to eat while T. and I watched Lonesome Dove, but that didn't happen because, I had forgotten that we had given our copy to Karin Pohlman, as in Care Inn Poleman, to take back to Germany with her, so she and Jurgen (Air Gun) could watch it, because they've never seen it and I had forgotten to buy us another copy.

So, Tony and I split up the pop corn and then he went back into his office with Abbie and Belle to watch some action movie, while I stayed in the big room with Mama, Roy and Toto so we could watch a few Frazier reruns. Then I played my guitar for a little while and then we went to bed around 9:00.

Today has been a great New Year's day, even though I did not get around to painting our picnic table, as I had promised I would, because it was a little too chilly outside for me and because we also went over to the Annex for Kinky's sister Marcie & Mario's New Years brunch at 11:30 in the Annex and we had a blast with all of our friends.

As Kinky, Donna "The Retired Drummer" Schloss, Izzie & Austin, Copper Love, Dylan Ferrero, Marcie, Tony, Mario, The Friedmans and I ate Mario's delicious International cuisine, that he had carefully prepared—there was non-stop laughter with interesting conversations about Copper's painting trips out to Terlingua, the Taz Manian Devils pictures that Mario showed us when he went to New Zealand and Australia and the champagne wasn't bad either, even though I added orange juice to mine to make it a healthy Mimosa.

When the really fun brunch party ended Tony and I jumped into Trigger and took off for H-E-B in Kerrville, to get some supplies and while Tony was outside filling up Trigger's tank with gas, I was inside speed shopping, so we could get back to the ranch and I had a nice surprise while I was putting a package of Claritin into my cart, because of Cedar Fever. "Hi, Nancy. Happy New Year!"

"Well hi, Kevin, happy New Year to you, too! How is the Chihuahua doing?..." (Kevin owns the popular Water Street Cafe and he and his family are the ones who adopted a too cute Chihuahua from us, for their daughter, a few months ago." After a short, but fun visit with him we headed off in different directions. Then Trigger took us home.

Y'all have a great evening and Happy New Year to everyone!

No comments: