Monday, January 9, 2012

Buck!

Today has been a great day. Late this afternoon we invited Carol to come over, so we could watch Buck, on Netflix, the beautiful movie about Buck Brannaman, the awesome, world famous Horse Whisperer and we loved watching it so much—we talked about it for over thirty minutes after we had watched it, while we watched Apple TV's slide show of my photos on my computer, on the television.

When pictures of Dude would show up with Carol riding Dude, Karin riding Dude, me on Dude and the pictures of Carol on Maya with me on Dude, that Tony took of us, for the jacket cover of my next book, we started talking about Dude and what a wonderful, magnificent horse he had been. Then Tony says, "Carol, I've got hundreds of pictures of you and Dude."

"Omg! I would love to see them." Then Tony stood up and went down the hallway to his office to get his computer.

When he returned to the big room, Tony started showing us his slide shows and the movies that he had taken of Dude and they were so beautiful. "Tony, can you please put these on a CD for me?" Carol asked. "I loved Dude so much and you have better and more pictures of him than I do. Your photography is awesome..."

When we began viewing Tone's great pictures that he had taken of us on her horses, we picked out the perfect picture to use for my book jacket and because it made Carol so happy and thrilled about it, I said, "You know what, Carol? I have just decided that I am going to dedicate my book to Dude." And that  made her smile.

As I finish writing this tonight, T. is in his office burning a couple of CD's of all of his Dude pictures for Carol, Mama is stretched out and sleeping soundly on our bed, Toto is next to my feet, under the kitchen table, in his doggie bed multi-tasking—sleeping while passing obnoxious gas, while Roy Rogers sleeps on his quilt next to my chair and Belle Starr-Simons and Abbie Van Buren are keeping Tony company in his office. Life is good at the rescue ranch.

Y'all have a great evening and thank you for praying for rain for us, because we got over one inch of it this morning!

2 comments:

Carol V said...

I love all the pictures of Dude and I'm so proud you are dedicating your book to him! I love you both!

cousin nancy said...

Not as much as we love you!