Monday, July 18, 2011

I Was Robbed!

Today has been good even though I was robbed last night. I discovered that I'd been robbed when I went outside last night around 9:15 to bring my egg experiment inside and who ever had robbed me took my experimental egg, but left my pan cleaned and Tony thinks it was a hungry raccoon.

This morning I walked four miles with Leslie and then I went outside and cleaned the dog pens while Tony fed the dogs. Around 10:30, when I was done cleaning pens, I came inside the trailer, pulled two eggs out of the fridge and cracked them into the same small skillet that I had used yesterday in my egg experiment.


Then I went outside and sat the skillet on top of some stacked 2'X4' boards resting on the sawhorses, in front of my Space Ship, in hopes that the coon wouldn't steal them too. At 2:30 I went outside to check on my egg experiment and took this picture.


This afternoon I had a nice long-distance surprise and it made my day. My friend Karin Pohlmann, from Germany, had sent T. and me a cute postcard and the sweetest letter that we really enjoyed reading. Thank you, Karin and please tell Jurgen that we said, "Howdy!"


Around 5:00 Tony and I decided to practice on our musical instruments and I cannot believe how good he has gotten on the mandolin in so little time. We played for nearly an hour and stopped when our fingers once again started killing us.

I just went outside to bring my experimental eggs inside, because it is cloudy outside and also because I didn't want that coon stealing them and here are the results—they sort of cooked and were hard, so tomorrow I am going to do one final all day science experiment by putting an egg inside Buttermilk, with the windows rolled up, to see if it cooks.

And that is about it for today.

Y'all have a great evening!


2 comments:

Eileen said...

Somebody at KSAT TV cooked nachos on the dash of a car recently! The cheese melted over the tortilla chips that were on a cookie sheet. Nice and hot! Try that with your egg experiment!

cousin nancy said...

Hi, Eileen. That is a great idea. I will try it after tomorrow when I put the egg inside Buttermilk all day. Thanks for the suggestion. I look forward to seeing you on Friday.