Friday, September 4, 2020

A Pyramid! or The Famous Horned Toad! or Multi-Tasking!

Today has been great, but it was also a little bit strange. And late this morning, Tony and I actually had a few hours of unexpected fun, because we ate lunch with our good friends Eileen & Wayne. While our friends/awesome mechanics, at Balser's Northside Automotive, next door to Acapulco, gave Silver, Tony's truck, its yearly inspection.

This morning while Tony was working next door, at Escondida Resort & Spa, I was home washing some dishes while listening and chanting to my most favorite Deva Premal & Miten beautiful chant—Om Namo Bhagavate/Oneness

Anyway, something distracted me, so I turned around from the kitchen sink and saw this perfect pyramid glowing from across the room, on the wall. So I immediately quit chanting and I just stared at it, while asking myself, "How come this kind of weird stuff always happens to me when Tony is never around?" Henry, Beau, Little Debbie & Big Al(ice) said nothing, as they too stared at the shining pyramid.

So I grabbed my camera and took aim at this about one-foot-tall pyramid that seemed to be perfectly centered at the top of my beautiful George Boutwell 2020 calendar, that Kris & The Mineral Man had given to us last Christmas. Here is that picture. And in this picture the clock, above the calendar, shows 9:38 or 9:39.

Then I took this picture of the calendar, close up and at a different angle, so I could prove to Tony that this actually happened while he was gone. And please note the sun does not directly shine through this window, above the kitchen sink and I made sure that nothing was reflecting off of the glass of the kitchen window.

Anyway, when I got up close to the calendar I took this side angled picture and as you can see—no pyramid. 


And a minute later, just as the chant had ended—the pyramid vanished completely into thin air, so to speak and it was no longer visible on the calendar. And the time on the kitchen clock shows that it is either 9:40 or 9:41.


So all I know is this morning there was a beautiful, glowing pyramid on the George Boutwell calendar and then it simply went away. And that is my weird pyramid story.

Next Topic

During our fun lunch with Eileen & Wayne we got to talking about growing up with Horned Toads and how much we had loved them. So I said, "Well, I still feel sorry for Ol' Rip. I can't believe they put him inside a jar and sealed him inside that new courthouse cornerstone...."

And because of the look on Eileen's face after I had said this I suggested that she Google this famous Horned Toad that had some how survived 31 years in hibernation, inside a glass jar.

Well, Eileen Googled it and then she read the story to us of Ol' Rip's famous life. Here is a picture of Ol' Rip and please click here for the famous story about his life and times.


And as I finish writing this tonight I want to share another one of Mari's funny quotes that she found on the Internet.


Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!

No comments: