Friday, September 25, 2020

Signs! or Steps! or Sign!

Well I know that it has been a long while since I've posted anything, but I have been busy or trying to keep myself busy, so I don't get the blues, because of everything that is going on in our world.

Luckily, Tony and I are still working at our jobs which helps pass a lot of time. Plus we're making some money and having contact with our friends at work helps a lot, because we do a lot of laughing. And when we're not working, wed still eat, sleep, enjoy our four-leggers, take naps, solve jigsaw puzzles and binge-watch Netflix, etc.

Last weekend I did accomplish a few things on my days off. First, I drilled holes in the two metal signs that I had ordered and I hung them up. 

Since, I already have that cute, funny dish towel that Wolfgang & Angel gave to me and having two metal signs made with that quote I decided to hang one of the signs up in my writing cabin and I put the other one on the side fence right next to our front yard gate entrance.



Then I decided to paint another mural on the water tank that has my other mural painted on it. I made this decision, because it was a beautiful day outside and I wanted to be surrounded by nature and listen to my music all day.



I spent last Saturday and Sunday working on this mural and then I decided I didn't like it and am going to start all over and paint something different, instead. Here is a picture of it, before I paint over it and start over.


Anyway, today I did not have to work, so this morning Little Debbie, Henry & I went outside and we spent an hour or so, hanging out inside my writing cabin—The Last Resort. 

And when we left the writing cabin the first thing that I saw were the steps that used to lead up the back porch deck, before Tony and I closed the deck in and turned it into Tony's man-cave. And those stupid-looking stairs made me laugh and they inspired me to paint a sign.


So we went back inside The Cabin and I grabbed a tube of black paint and a small cutting board and went to painting it. And when the paint had finally dried I went outside and hung it up.




And since it is hard to read, here is a picture of my new sign, before I hung it up.


And when Tony came home from work he and our four-four-leggers followed me outside, because they all thought I wanted to show them something inside The Last Resort. And when Tone noticed the sign, before getting to the cabin—he burst out loud laughing and he told me that he loved it. Which was exactly the reaction I was hoping  for!

And that is about it for now.

Y'all take care and keep on laughing!

No comments: