Saturday, September 21, 2019

Sympathy Pains! or Christina Fredriksen!

The last few days Tony and I have been working a lot and in-between working, Tony and I worked on my writing cabin.

With the help of our friend Ernest, the walls and the trim work are completed and the ceiling is finally insulated and finished, too.

During the three full days of working on the cabin, while working mornings and evenings next door, I sprained my ankle on the first day. So, if someone were watching us I must have looked like a female version of Chester, on Gun Smoke, as I limped around.

That first day after spraining my right ankle early in the morning, it was late afternoon when we finally called it a day and put away our tools. And when I went inside The Cabin, to go take a shower before going to work that night at Escondida—Henry Standing Bear was limping when he came to the door to greet me.

Henry was limping on his front right paw, so when Tony followed me into The Cabin, he joked, "Henry must be having sympathy pains for your ankle." And after we had checked out Hen's paw and had found nothing I agreed with Tony's diagnosis sort of.

"He must be faking it." Anyway the good news is Henry and I are fine now. No more fake limping or sprained ankle. And once I finish decorating my cozy cabin, which should happen some time next week, I will take pictures and be ready to show it to y'all.

Now I want to do a big shout-out for Christina Fredriksen, because her upcoming art show, The Habitat Art Exhibition & Live Music event is this coming Friday, September 27th from 2 pm - 6 pm, at the Texas Heritage Vineyard, in Fredericksburg.

Last week, after asking Marita to please send me some more information about Christina's art exhibit, so I could blog about it and promote her art show. Marita wrote back:

"Christina chose the theme "Habitat" for her art exhibit to illustrate the relationship between living and belonging somewhere. We all need to take care of each other and the environment that we live it. It is vital to our existence!"

Norwegian artist making drawings and installations inspired by nature and geometric structures. Fascinated by the autonomy of natural patterns, discrepancies and similarities to human taxonomies, I aspire to investigate and disrupt the formalities and identities of natural forms. This I do by deconstructing, repeating, assembling, scattering and/or superimposing within space, different material structures, objects and geometries.  I strive to apply new meaning and quality to the experience of space, inspiring viewers to reflect on their own existence, spatiality and perception of being in and of space."


And just so you'll know—Tony and I have already made arrangements to be off at work, so we can attend Christina's art exhibition and I hope that all of y'all will come to it, too. It will be a fun time for all and I promise that you'll love Christina's beautiful art and enjoy listening to Stephen K. Morris' fabulous music.

And here is Christina Fredriksen's Facebook page so you can check it out: https://www.facebook.com/artistchristinafredriksen/

Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!

No comments: