Thursday, June 20, 2019

Day 4!

Today has been great. Tony and I worked this morning and tonight we will be working again, at Escondida Resort. So this is going to be a short post.

Well today is day 4 of our diet lifestyle change and Tony and I can already tell we are losing some weight, because our faces don't look fat. But then again, it could just be my poor eyesight.

For lunch today I really knocked it out of the ball park. I water-sautéed all of these vegetables:
purple cabbage, zucchini, onion, corn, black beans, cauliflower, garlic, carrots, mushrooms and I seasoned it with Bragg's Amino Protein. And it was so delicious, I was going to show you a picture of my plate, but it was not a pretty picture even though it was so tasty.

Never mind. Here is the picture anyway.


I made us smoothies using these ingredients: cabbage, kale, beet, blueberries and almond milk. And yes, it was delicious, too. (Note: That is Henry Standing Bear and Beau Bridges looking out the front window.)


Then for our afternoon snack I used our juicer and made us Pear Bear juice. For several years this has been one of our favorite juices and here is the recipe:

Cousin Nancy's Pear Bear Juice

2 Beets
1/2 Lemon
2 Carrots
1 Apple
1 Pear
1" of Ginger

Tomorrow after we work in the morning Tony and I are going to Kerrville to stock up on more vegetables and fruits. And since our dogs love the scrambled eggs with brown rice, kale and carrots so much—we'll up a couple of cartons of eggs for them. So Life is good.

Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!

No comments: