Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Two-Tut-Common! or Up Against The Wall!

Today has been great. Late this morning Tony and I went to Kerrville to run a few errands. Our first stop was at that great laundromat, Country Clean Laundromat, on Water Street.

While our clothes, etc. were swishing around in two Speed Queen tubs, we went to the big H-E-B on Main Street to get some groceries.

When our clothes, etc. were twirling around in one big dryer, we took off for Louise Hays Park and to our surprise, because it was trying to drizzle, a lot of people were there walking dogs, skating, bicycling, etc. But no one was feeding the lovely ducks, beautiful geese and King Tut and Tut-Two.

FYI: Since my last Duck Report I've renamed Tut-Two to Two-Tut-Common, because it makes me laugh and that is the way it sounds, with my Texas accent, when I pronounce the Egyptian King's name.

Anyway, as soon as we got there I race-walked to the ducks usual hangout and I am positive they recognized me—because they all came swimming and waddling as fast as they could towards me.

And because I am a little tired tonight from walking so much today I am going to show you some of my favorite pictures that Tony took today at the park. And I am going to put captions with each picture. So here we go!

MY FAIR-WEATHERED FRIENDS

HEY! WHO INVITED YOU

I'M NEW HERE. SO HOW DOES THIS WORK?

STUPID MALLARD

DID YOU CALL ME STUPID?

YES I DID! AND CAN YOU DO THIS?

UP AGAINST THE WALL

The reason I titled the photo above Up Against The Wall is because it looks like this duck is standing next to a wall. But it isn't. Actually, because there was some scattered bird poop on the sidewalk, I cropped it out and got this.

Well, not to brag (But to brag.) I had a wonderful time at the park and I walked to the Lemos Street Bridge and back, before Tony and left to go pick up our laundry.

As I mentioned earlier in the post about me being tired from walking today it is because I set a new record for myself. I walked in the park and then later this afternoon while carrying weights I did laps around the kitchen and big room while listening to my music. And needless to say our dogs thought I was a little loopy as I race-walked around them for nearly forty-minutes. And here is the proof! (And my dogs are killing me.)


Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!

No comments: