Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Down By The River!

Today has been great. This afternoon Tony and I met, Hans & Marita, our dear friends from Norway, for lunch at Monroe's East End Grill. To say the least the food was totally delicious and we had so much fun with our friends, as we sat out on the patio.

After lunch, because  we were having so much fun, no one wanted to adios each other yet, so I suggested that Hans & Marita follow us over to the park, so we could feed the ducks and geese and go for a stroll, from one bridge to another bridge and then back to where we had started.

I know that we could have gone to the park much faster by just crossing Water Street and walking down to the trail, but because they wanted to go to J.C. Pennies after our walk, is why I suggested that we go to where Mari and us always meet.

Anyway, on the way to Louise Hayes Park, I quickly filled up two baggies with corn, so Hans & Marita could have a bag to feed the ducks and geese, too.

First off, Marita and Hans were so impressed with the park when we arrived there, they suggested that we meet again, for a fun picnic there. We agreed to that and then the four of us took off.

Because we had not planned on going to the park today, Tony was sick that he had not brought along his camera. So, before our friends and I started hoofing-it, I loaned Tony my iPhone for a few minutes so he could take some pictures. And please note that I would have let him keep my cell phone as he waited for us, but I wanted to use it so it could count my steps.

Here are a few of the pictures he took today:

This is Hans actually shooting his beautiful wife down by the river, as she let my feathered friends eat the corn straight out of the baggie. (And just so you'll know—he was using his iPhone's camera.)



When the ducks and geese in the water saw Marita's All-You-Can-Eat Corn Buffet, they came a swimming and a waddling as fast as they could.

I've titled this photo "So Which One of You Two Called Me Ugly?"


This one I've titled "Don't Look Now. But Guess Who Is Coming To Dinner?" (The answer is King Tut.)


And Tony took this picture of all of these cool turtles sunbathing, on the sides of these beautiful, huge Cypress trees.


I had a wonderful time strolling through the park with Marita & Hans and the further we walked the more impressed our Norwegian friends were about this awesome, beautiful park.

In the parking lot, under the Sidney Baker Bridge, before adios-ing our dear, foreign friends, Marita & Hans and I pulled out our pedometers and checked how many steps we had taken on our bridge-to-bridge and back walk.

 And they were totally thrilled with their results and when they showed me their phone's pedometers to compare it to mine—we had walked the exact same distance. 

FYI: On my Apple-Health app the smaller spike is when Tony and I went shopping at the big H-E-B, before meeting up with our friends at Monroe's East End Grill.



And because Hans & Marita were so excited about discovering this great park they told us that they could not wait to meet us at the park, again. 

And that is about it for tonight, because I am tired and all I want to do is get into my pajamas, relax, drink one glass of my cheap, fine-boxed-wine and binge-watch the final episodes of Parks and Recreation. Because in a sense I've been there and done that. If you get my drift?

Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!

No comments: