Thursday, July 12, 2018

Gas Leaks!

My dear friends Sandy & Jon have just called me and we had a fun visit. During our conversation I was telling them about how busy I've been, "If I am not working with Tony at the Rusty Dawg food truck four days a week, sleeping, eating, cleaning The Cabin or taking a break I am writing on my 3rd novella....And I need to blog, but too much is going on and there has really been not that much exciting stuff to tell...."

Jon chuckled and told me/reminded me "It's been a really long time since you blogged...." And he was write, so once again I am apologizing for not blogging regularly.

When I am writing the time flies by so quickly, because my creative juices are hard at work and I am typing as fast as I can. And when I call it "a night" or "a day" and stop writing I am exhausted and just too tired to write one more word.

It is a good/bad dilemma to be in and I know that I must address it sooner than later. The good part about this dilemma I'm in is I am having a blast writing and the novella is flowing. But the bad side of my dilemma is I am hardly blogging and I do feel guilty about that.

So, this is a problem. But, it is a good problem, because I am finally writing up a storm and doing exactly what I was really meant to do—write and hopefully make people laugh at life, as I see it.

But so far, now typing on my sixth paragraph here, I have not written anything funny that would make you or me laugh. And after re-reading this last sentence I actually laughed out loud, because I haven't written anything funny.

So I am going to vow to write more often, at least once a week, until I finish my novella and then hopefully get back to blogging regularly.

And as I finish writing this, I just realized that I could tell you a funny part, in my 3rd novella, that I've already written and it should make you at least chuckle.

First off, please remember that my novellas are pure fiction and that I make this stuff up or the characters do it in my head for me.

Here's a scene that takes place, but a lot has happened before this and after this and I can't give it all away. So just consider this just a peek inside:

Anyway, at one point Carol and I are in her truck driving to Terlingua to help a friend out. Our dogs Scout and Roy (who truly do exist and are the love of our lives) have unbeknownst to us eaten the four bean and egg breakfast tacos that Carol had cooked for us, so we could save time and not stop to eat.

Halfway down the highway, Roy and Scout start blasting us with their horrible breakfast taco farts and Carol is constantly having to lower and raise the windows, so their obnoxious gas leaks can escape and she and I are totally miserable. And Carol is also worried about her truck loosing its Blue Book value, because of the smelly emissions our two great dogs are sharing with us....

Okay, that's enough and I am that sure you get the picture and I really hope it made you laugh. And here is one of my most favorite pictures of Roy that I took back in 2012.



Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!

2 comments:

Mari of the NoMads said...

Nancy, I'm personally delighted that you posted - even one word is much anticipated and appreciated. I love the joy for life that you have - so I eagerly await WHATEVER you post because it is generally very uplifting for me. Your sweet and happy self shines through in your posts - what a 'gift' you have and I love that you share it!

All the best to you and Tony!



cousin nancy said...

Hi Mari! You are too sweet and thank you for the comment and being patient with me. I am thrilled about how easy my 3rd novella is flowing and all I want to do is write it down as fast as I can.