Saturday, July 14, 2018

The Motto!

Last night, I spent the evening writing and I had so much fun. Speaking of fun, today has been great.

Tony and I worked at the Old Timer's Rusty Dawg food truck, yesterday and today and I think that we are starting to get the hang of grilling tasty hot dogs. We had many customers both days and Tone and I are feeling much more relaxed, because we've worked out a routine that seems to be working out fine for us.

In the morning, when we first arrive, Tony starts up the grill, outside and cleans it, while I'm prepping the kitchen and getting everything ready inside.

Once "his" grill is hot and ready to go, Tony puts the hot dog sign out, near the highway, in front of the Old Timer, while I am prepping my iPod and picking out the tunes I want it play outside, on my awesome Bose Dock. Then at 11:00, Tony turns on the neon OPEN sign, we open the curtain and start selling hot dogs as fast as Tony and I can make them, with my favorite music playing in the picnic area, that has covered picnic tables for people to eat at.

I really love working in the food truck and like so often with me—it is another dream come true. And, Tony enjoys it a lot too, because he is the official "grill master." (Or at least he thinks he is.)

We work Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday, from 11:00 - 2:00 and it is the perfect amount of hours for our part-time jobs. I think if we had to work anymore hours, it would feel more like jobs to us, instead of "getting away for a few hours."

And the only bad thing about us working today, at the Rusty Dawg, was I dropped two buns and one hot link, on the floor. But the good news is Henry, Belle, Roy and Beau were glad that I was clumsy.

Early this evening, our dear friend Jim aka The Mineral Man, sent me an e-mail about a dear friend of his, passing recently. The friend had a stroke, in the barn and his two Great Pyrenees, Sunshine and Sassie, were with him.

Because Jim was unable to attend the out of state service, this man's daughter sent Jim a photo montage that was handed out at the ceremony. And on the back, was the Great Pyrenees Motto and Jim wanted to share it with me, because he knows how much I love Great Pyrenees.

 When I read the Great Pyrenees Motto my eyes instantly filled with tears, because it made me think of Mama and how much I miss her, because not a day goes by that I don't think of her.

The Great Pyrenees Motto
“I roam, I bark, and I don’t always listen, but I’ll guard you and love you forever and always."

After reading this, which I believe says it all, I went on my blog and found the post that I wrote when Mama passed away, at home, on August 7, 2014. And here is the link to My Very Best Friend

Then I searched for pictures of Mama and these are a few of my favorite pictures of this magnificent dog.







So anyway, I just wanted to pay tribute to her tonight and all of the Great Pyrenees out there.

And yes, I know that in my last post, I wrote about my purpose was to write and to make people laugh. So, I'll wrap this up tonight by telling you that Mama wasn't perfect, but almost. Because when she ran off one night and finally came back, at 2:00 in the morning, I opened the door to let her in, before I realized that she's been skunked.

In fact, her coat was still damp, with that stinking skunk oil. And before I could shove her back outside, she raced through the trailer, ran back into the bedroom and jumped on the bed.

Tony woke up immediately, with Mama kicking him and rolling on her back of the bedspread, trying to dry off. And let's just say that Tony was not a happy camper and he was not thrilled to be in bed with my Mama. And I will not repeat the words he said.

Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing! (Great Pyrenees Rule!)

No comments: