Thursday, April 24, 2014

Tony's Treats!

Today has been great. I am writing this early, because I plan to be outside, no later than 5:30, so I can push the lawn mower around, because after receiving the one inch of rain the other night—the grass and weeds are three times higher now than they were before. I am not complaining about having to mow, because I am thankful for the much needed rain.

This morning when we went outside to do our chores, Aggie was glad to see me and she seemed calm. When it was her turn for me to feed her, she stood back and did not try to get through the gate as I entered her pen. She ate all of her food real fast and licked her dog bowl clean. Then she went and took a nap outside her doghouse.

This afternoon Tony and I went outside to go take some pictures of Aggie. When we pulled up, in Kermit, Aggie happily wagged her tail, even though Tony, inside Kermit, was the closest to her. Before I went into her pen, with Tony standing close outside her pen, I gave Tony three dog treats for him to give to Aggie, after he had taken a few pictures of Aggie and me sitting together.

Aggie calmly greeted me when I entered her dog pen and I petted her a few times, before asking her to come sit with me.


Five minutes later, I stood up and Aggie took off for her swimming pool. Please note that the water is a little muddy looking, because of her almost totally grassless pen and because of the serious drought that we are in, we cannot afford to waste water daily, refilling the swimming pools. And I don't think Aggie cares one bit. 


When Aggie got out of her swimming pool, Tony called her, so he could give her a treat and Aggie walked right up to him, without snarling at him and she took a treat and then she walked off to go hide it. Tony then called her again and gave her another treat, which she gently took from his hand and then Aggie went off to go hide that one, too. A few minutes later, after posing for this picture for me, she went and took his third treat and hid it, too.



Tony and I are taking things very slowly with Aggie and we are thrilled that she accepted treats from Tony today, without acting like she would rather eat him instead, but my feelings are a little bit hurt, because it appears that Aggie thought it was necessary for her to go hide Tony's treats from me, because I guess she thought that I was going to steal them away from her. So tomorrow morning, after I have fed and cleaned her pen, I plan to give her a few treats before leaving her pen.

And that is about it for now, because it is 5:40 and I am running ten minutes behind schedule with my mowing.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: