Sunday, April 27, 2014

Judy Collins!

Today has been great and so was Friday and Saturday. Because so much has been going on out here I've got a lot of catching up to do, so I'll start with Friday.

When Mama and I woke up, at 6:00, Friday morning, Mama opened the front door and went outside and the first thing that I did was check my e-mail, while waiting for my first delicious cup of Green Mountain Donut Shop Coffee to brew.

Our dear friends, Kris & Jim Bobbitt, had sent me an note to let me know that they had just posted a story about our Concert for Utopia, on their blog—Footloose And Kid-Free In The Hill Country. I checked it out and really enjoyed reading their post. Here's the link to it.

While I was sipping my first cup of coffee, Kinky called me, at 6:15, to tell me that Amy Nelson, Willie's daughter, was coming out later in the day, with a camera crew and she wanted to come over to see our rescue ranch and to also have a meeting with me.

After we adios-ed each other, I took a shower, dressed and started cooking another Cousin Nancy Spinach & Sausage Frittata, because Tony loves it so much.

A little later in the morning, our incredibly great friends/volunteers came out to walk our dogs for us and around 10:30, our dear friend Gerry Olert, our rescue ranch's official videographer, came out to "shoot" all of us, for an upcoming video he's doing about Utopia Animal Rescue Ranch. If you were at the Concert for Utopia, he was the tall man walking around with his video camera.

While our volunteers were out here walking our dog and letting them go swimming, down at the creek, Gerry ended up getting to shoot and interview everyone of them, for our upcoming video. After all of the dogs were walked all of us went up to the Medina Highpoint Resort, to eat lunch together. And it was a lot of fun and filled with laughter.

After lunch, Gerry, Tony and I returned to the rescue ranch, so Gerry could shoot me. Here's one shot that he took of Tony and me, as we rode around the ranch, in Kermit, videotaping our dogs.


After Gerry had finished his videoing our dogs, he grabbed his guitar, out of his truck and then we came inside The Cabin, so he and I could pick & grin. Oh my goodness, talk about fun! Gerry is a great guitar player and I had so much fun pickin' with him.

Around 3:45, Gerry packed up his guitar and before he adios-ed us, he gave me an Elvis and a Beatles guitar picks, which is way too cool. Then he handed me two CDs, that he took at our concert. Gerry Olert shot this hilarious video when Ruth Buzzi, Big G, Kinky and I went up on stage, following the Intermission and it is pretty fun to watch.

Ten minutes later, after Gerry had left the building, Kinky and Amy showed up with her friendly camera crewman. When they walked inside The Cabin, her jaw dropped and then she said, "I love your trailer! It is so cool. Would you mind if I videoed it?"

As Amy slowly walked around the kitchen and big room, videoing The Cabin's walls, she and I talked about our love of animals and how very special each and everyone of them are. When I told her about my book that I am currently working on, about how great dogs actually are, she said, "I love it and it just gave me cold chills..."

Amy and I had a great visit and because we have so much in common, it looks like I've got a new friend and I am really looking forward to working with her on her project.

At 5:45, as soon as they had left the building, Tony and I jumped into Buttermilk and took off for Don's ranch, in Medina, because Don had invited us and friends over for Happy Hour and dinner and we were already running forty-five minutes late.

We arrived at Don's beautiful ranch a little before 6:15 and we had a total blast with Wayne & Michelle, Carol, Steve and Don. Tony and I had planned to only stay for about an hour, but because we were having such a great time with our friends, we stayed until 7:45, because Tony needed to put The Golden Girls (Our six, egg producing chickens.) up for the night. 

Saturday was great and we had several visitors out here. Tony and I had planned to leave the rescue ranch at 3:00, so we could go to Kerrville, to take Drew, one of our favorite friends, that we haven't seen in over four years, out to dinner. 

On the road, between the rescue ranch and 16, an old man and woman, about my age, both wearing green colored Kerrville Folk Festival t-shirts, flagged us down. "Hey man, we were down at Freeman Crossing and this dog showed up. We were afraid that it might get hit by a car, so we caught it. We can't take it with us, because we're from Austin...."

Ten minutes later, Tony turned Buttermilk around and we headed back to the rescue ranch, with a sweet, young, female dog, riding comfortably, in the back seat. 

After Tony put Judy Collins inside our small, portable dog pen. He fed her and then filled up a water bowl for her. Then once again, running late, we took off for Kerrville again. Here's Judy!




Tony and I had a wonderful time with Drew and we treated him to dinner at the Rio Ranch restaurant on 27. All three of us ordered the same thing—Chicken Fried Steak and it was delicious.

Today has been great, too. I am writing this early and having it post at 6:55 tonight, because at 2:30, we are going to Dick and Elaine's ranch party, in Medina. Carol, Don, Steve and Kris & Jim are going to it, too and we are all planning to meet them there around 3:00. Tony and I know that it will be a lot of fun, but we plan to only stay for about an hour and a half, because Tony wants to work in his garden and I need to write and rest.

Tomorrow afternoon, after we do our outdoor chores and eat lunch, we plan to take Judy Collins to Hoegemeyer Animal Clinic, to get her spayed and shots, etc. And that is about it for today.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: