Monday, December 16, 2013

They Loved It!

Today has been great. This morning after we did our morning chores outside, I went over to The Lodge to deliver some of my delicious, homemade split pea with ham soup, to Kinky and Chet, because I was dying to get their opinions. And it only took ten minutes for them to heat it up, to get their opinions—they LOVED it! Then things got even better.

When Trigger returned me to the rescue ranch, Brittany, our dear friend, from New Hampshire and her sweet mother Lonnie and two of Brittany & Brian's five super cool kids, had already arrived for a fun visit and they were in Outer Space visiting with Tony and Mama!

After howdies and hugs, we invited Brittany and her beautiful family to come inside The Cabin, so we could visit and give Lonnie, Carl and Wyatt (Or Wyeth, I am not sure, because I am hard of hearing.) a tour of The Cabin. Not to brag and needless to say, "They LOVED it!" Then things got even better.

We decided to go over to the Lodge to visit with Kinky and Chet O'Keefe. Tony invited Carl and Wyatt/Wyeth to ride with him, on Kermit and I rode with Lonnie and Brittany, in Brittany's rented car. When we arrived Willie, Chet's fabulous dog, was the first to greet us, followed by The Friedmans, then Chet and Kinky.

In no time flat, all of us were laughing and having a good time outside. Then after bragging to our guests about what a fabulous, talented singer/songwriter/musician Chet was and that he had opened for Nanci Griffith, in Ireland, a few years ago—the friendship gates opened.

"My mom, husband Brian and I love Nanci Griffith! and ..." Brittany said. Then when Lonnie asked Chet where he was born and raised he told them Maine, then they discovered that  they had much in common, because Lonnie lives in Maine. I thought all of this was really cool and so did they.

During our fun visit, inside Kinky's kitchen, I said, "Chet, can I buy another copy of your CD, Game Bird and get you to sign it to Brittany? Because I want to give it to her as a gift for coming to see us. Brittany you are going to fall in love with his music..." Then Chet took off to get his CD.

A little later on, after a great visit with Kinky and Chet, the kids jumped inside Kermit with Tony and  then they took off to go feed our donkeys. A minute later, after Lonnie, Brittany and I had adios-ed Kinky and Chet, we jumped inside the rental car and went over the river and through the woods, to find Tony taking pictures of the kids petting Roy, Gabby and Little Jewford, outside the rescue ranch.

As soon as we parked, Brittany and Lonnie grabbed their cameras and began taking pictures, too. Then Brittany asked, "Do the donkeys like apples?" After Tony and I answered, "Yes," she went to their car and returned with three apples for them to feed to The Boys.

After Tony and I gave Brittany and her family a fun tour of the rescue ranch, we came back inside The Cabin, so Brittany could buy a signed copy of my second novella, The Cowgirl Sisterhood: Part II, Death In New Mexico, because she loved reading the first one. That made feel so good, I said, "I want to give y'all one of my new cards that I designed." Then I pulled two of my cards out of my purse and then I proudly gave them one, already knowing the reaction that I would get.

As soon as they read my name "Cousin Nancy" they turned my card over and saw that it was blank—then we all burst out laughing about the joke I had played on them. Then I confessed that I had copied our friend Budrock, who have given us a card with only his name on it, too.

Brittany and her lovely family only stayed for about two fun hours and Tony and I hated to see them go, because their fun visit with us had made our day super great. "Thank you, Brittany, Lonnie, Carl and Wyatt/Wyeth for coming to see us. We look forward to seeing you sooner than later, too!"

As I finish writing this, I want to thank everyone who has given me tips all day, on how to remove Roy's latest blueberry stain, on our kitchen floor. I ended up frequently rubbing the stain, throughout the day, with those handy bleach wipes and it is much lighter now, but it is still there.


Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: