Friday, October 26, 2018

More Cow Bell! or Ooze Control Tip!

Today has been great. This morning Tony and I went to Kerrville to wash and dry a couple of loads of clothes. And while our clothes were washing we went and voted. And during the drying cycle we went to Home Depot, so I could buy some yellow and purple spray paint. Then we came home and ate lunch. Then I went to work.

First of all, after Tony took my cow bell down, that is next to our front door of The Cabin.
Then I started spray painting it.


While that paint was drying, Tony and I put up the shutters that I designed and had painted, but there was one little problem. When I first put a set of hinges on a shutter, we realized that I had put them on the wrong side of the shutter. And that left six small screw holes. Needless to say, I was not a happy camper.

Anyway, after Tony corrected my mistake he installed the shutters hinges correctly. Then we went outside and hung them up. And I love how they "popped" my soon to be, super-cool writing cabin.


After I did some more spray painting on the cow bell, I went to look for some caulk, so I could fill the holes in the shutter and then paint over it.

Well, I could not find any caulk. And like many folks that choose to live in the country, I was determined not to make another trip back to the Home Depot, in Kerrville.

Then I had a brilliant idea or at least I think so. I went into our bathroom and found my tube of Poligrip.


 Then I went back outside, and while the mosquitos were eating me up, I easily filled the screw holes, because Poligrip has an ooze control tip. Now life was good, again.

While the denture adhesive dried, I went back to painting the cow bell. And while it was drying again, I went and painted over the Poligrip and I am thrilled how it turned out. And you cannot even see the pink goo. So I highly recommend using Poligrip for dentures and filling in holes to cover mistakes.


After I took this picture of the shutters and downloaded it, I was more than thrilled to see the two orbs that my camera captured. And whatever that thing is above the shutters, I refuse to think it is just sun reflections.

Then I went and finished spray painting my cow bell. Then Tony put it back where it belonged. And that is it for tonight.



Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!

2 comments:

Kris said...

Nancy,

Your writing cabin is adorable. Looks like you and Tony have done so much work on the landscaping. It looks more like home every day.

Now start on the Great American Novel!

Kris

cousin nancy said...

Hi Kris! It is good to hear from you. I love the improvements we've been making and I hope that you and Jim will come over soon for a happy hour and a tour.

Today we spent the whole day outside, cleaning up and making more improvements. In fact, I worked so hard my back is aching a bit and I think I gave Tony a back ache too, with him moving this and that around.

Because of the beautiful weather with winter coming soon, I've taken a temporary break in writing and using my time working outside, before the rain returns, etc.

I am hoping that you and Jim are still up for reading approximately 10 pages at a time of my 3rd novella. There is no rush like before. I would just love for y'all to help me find my mistakes. Maybe 10 pages a week?

Anyway, if that sounds good, I will call you the next time we come to Kerrville, so y'all can give my first 10 pages the "evil-eye."

Thank you for commenting and please tell Jim and Herbert howdy.