Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Felix! or Einstein?!

Today has been great, even though it is still raining. But the good news is the cold, gray, rainy weather is going to improve starting as early as tomorrow. And it looks like we are in for several days of beautiful weather.

I am one of those people who must have sunshine 99% of the time or my mood goes down rapidly and doing without sunshine for so long—I cannot wait to see the sun tomorrow.

Okay, I know I've told you about being busy these past few weeks and because I am feeling guilty for not blogging much I am going to show you one of the projects we did and the progress that we've made on my "she-shed" aka soon to be writing cabin/guest house.

A few weeks ago, we had two, consecutive, beautiful days with plenty of sunshine, so because of my need for sunshine I spent the majority of my time outside, with Tony, putting windows in my shed, painting it South Western colors, and then decorating the exterior.

But the sad news is we've not been able to finish out the inside, because we cannot move the storage boxes that are inside it, due to all of the rain. But the good news is starting tomorrow afternoon we should be able to start working on it again.

Anyway, here are before and after pictures of my upcoming writing cabin and I hope that you like it. The shed had no windows and I forgot to take a picture of it before we put in the windows.

After we painted the shed, I recycled some old, used wood and made the window flower box with Tony's help. I wasn't clever enough to come up with the flower box design, so I we copied this flower box from a picture that was in one of my tiny house books. And they look exactly alike except for the colors.

I really love this flower box, because it only has two legs and it was so easy to make. (Thanks to Tony)  

Then Tony and I put flat stones down to make sort of a patio and then we used two old, wash tubs, an old milk can that I spray painted yellow and several of my flower pots to decorate the exterior.

I was so thrilled with the way it all looked, I then decided to change the front of The Cabin, too. If you'll remember we first stained The Cabin's siding with cedar stain. Then several months later, after building the front porch I painted it white. (With Tony's help.)

On the second day of sunshine, we literally only had five hours to repaint the front of The Cabin, before the rain returned and the sunshine disappeared. So here are before and after pictures of it.

Please note that the tall pile of cut oak, to use in our wood burning stove, is hiding a lot of the color.
And after a few weeks, once we've gone through that wood pile, I promise to take another picture, because the wood pile sort of makes it look cruddy.

Four hours after repainting the front of The Cabin the rain returned, so I feel that we got very lucky to accomplish so much before the cold, damp, rainy weather.

Before the rain came that day I took this weird picture of the sun shining on our front door. When you look at it long enough I think it looks like two different silhouettes of a man. One is dark on the right and the other is light, in the middle of the door. 

The silhouettes don't look like anyone that I know. But I think that the one on the left corner might be Einstein? And the other one looks like he ran into a door. Anyway, I thought it was pretty interesting.

I now feel better letting you know what we've been up to and just to prove we've really been busy here I want you to know that a week ago Tuesday, I drove myself up to Dripping Springs, and spent the evening with my sweet sister Cindy, Ronnie & Nita and so we could all visit with Felix, our dear, old family friend, who came to Austin, from Las Vegas, to play golf and to see us.

I had a wonderful time and I spent the night at Ronnie & Nita's Ronderosa Ranch and drove back the next morning. 

Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!

No comments: