Sunday, August 19, 2018

The Black Hole!

The past two weeks have been troublesome to say the least and I am blaming all of this trouble on M.I.R. (Mercury In Retrograde). It seemed what could go wrong went way wrong. So I am currently in the process of permanently erasing these past two weeks from my mind. And the good news is I think it is finally beginning to work, because my mantra is "Never Feed Negativity."

And I am doing my best to do that, even though Tony now believes I am totally insane, because he has caught me on numerous occasions talking to myself, mumbling things like, "Never Feed Negativity," "Nothing Lasts Forever," "Things Will Get Better Because They Can't Get Any Worse— knock-on-wood," "Mercury In Retrograde Is Not My Friend," etc.

Now back on the positive side of things, many good things did happen during this "Two-Weeks-To Forget" black hole, located somewhere inside my brain. But some of them accidentally have fallen into my newly created black hole, so I will only mention the ones that I can still remember.

But before I do that, here is the best news of all—M.I.R. Time officially ended yesterday, August 18th! Even though it will still linger for about one more week. And my sources have told me or should I say, "Have promised me that September will be a splendid month for everyone!" And if you do not believe me here is a short article from Newsday about Mercury Retrograde.

Because of the black hole, I want to tell you that I remember that Tony had a wonderful birthday, because of our dear friends. The Friday before his birthday Lisa, Eileen, Suzanne, Chris, Kris & Jim showed up at the Old Timer's Rusty Dawg food truck and gave Tone a really fun surprise birthday party and that really made his day and mine, too.

Also, our dear friend Gaby, in Germany, sent Tony the sweetest birthday card from her and her sweet daughter, Xenia, who was over there, from Texas, visiting her. And the card meant the world to Tony, because we love Gaby and Xenia.

Then two days ago our dear friend Liz showed up at the food truck. "I woke up this morning craving hot dogs and I just had to come here to get one of yours. I love this food truck! It is too cool. And I also have a box in my car, with four restaurant dinner plates to give to you, because Jim & I know how much you love restaurant dinnerware, too...."

We had a great time visiting with Liz and catching up on her news. She loved the delicious hot dog that Tony had cooked and we prepared for her. And I am in love with the four, matching dinner plates.


Then Friday late afternoon our good friends Rick & Tracy came to visit us. They came up, from Port Aransas, because Tracy was going to attend her annual, summer-camp reunion weekend with girlfriends, while Rick spent the weekend with us. 

But because it was M.I.R. Time, things didn't go exactly as planned. Here's a short version of the story:

Our friends arrived around 4:00. I had just spent over 40 minutes on the phone, mainly on hold, trying to work out logistics with this shipping company. And after spending all of this time on the phone, the company told me that they "could not" try to deliver one extra day and that my package was being returned to me. And it frustrated me to no end, but I put on an upside down frown, because Tracy & Rick had just arrived.

We had a super fun visit with them and about thirty minutes later, Tracy adios-ed us and took off for the camp's reunion party, near Kerrville.

After Tracy took off, I decided I needed a few groceries, so I adios-ed Tony and Rick, and took off for the big H-E-B, on Main Street.

One hour later, when I got back home—Tracy's car was parked in our driveway. Bottom    Line: Tracy got there only to quickly discover that the reunion is next weekend on the 24th - 26th. Tracy was so disappointed, because she had gotten off work early, etc. so she could attend the reunion.

But the good news is after we had all laughed about it and cheered up Tracy, Tony and I had a blast having them as house guests or better said, "Airstream guests." And because of the mixed up dates, Tracy and I are also blaming all of this on M.I.R.

So (hopefully) life is good (knock-on-wood), because Mercury has left the scene. And that is about it for now.

Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!

2 comments:

Mari of the NoMads said...

Nancy, I am personally delighted that M.I.R. time has ended for now. The last two weeks have been the worst two weeks in almost a year! I love the idea about sending them into a black hole and forgetting about what happened during this time. Admittedly some of the 'messes' are still going to require resolution but most of them are now, thanks to your great idea, gone and forgotten!

cousin nancy said...

Hi Mari! I agree about the last few weeks being the worst of this year and my sources warned me in advance that this M.I.R. Time would be especially difficult. I am sorry to hear about your difficult times too, during this period of what can go wrong will go wrong.

I hope you put it all behind you like I did, in a black hole inside your brain, because it is over now and all things are and will be getting much better soon.

In fact, I am already on the sunny side of the street again and counting my many blessings.