Monday, July 21, 2008

The NoMads Rule, Again!

Today, Tony and I went to the pound to pick up one of our dogs, that the owner no longer wanted. Her name is Kahlua, and she is one super sweet dog! When we picked her up, she remembered us, and wagged~her stubby tail. She climbed right into Buttermilk, and rode like a princess, in the back seat—all of the way to Hoegemeyers, to get her shots.

Before we went to the pound, we decided to go to Randy & Lisa's SAVE INN RESTAURANT for lunch. As usual the place was packed, and we got the last table! Linda F. of the famous NoMads, saw us sitting down, and she came over to say hello to us. I asked her how Mari and the NoMads had done at the dog show, this past weekend, in Houston, and she told me that they all had done great! She was thrilled about it, and I was thrilled for her and the NoMads.

As always, our meals were delicious, and our waitress could not have been any better. I love that place!

Tony and I had planned to stop by Wolfmuellers Books today, so I could drop off "Finding Nemo,' for Mari to pick up, but since Linda was there, a few tables over, I decided on our way out of the restaurant, to ask her if she could return Mari's 'Finding Nemo' DVD to her, and she said sure. So, I went outside to Buttermilk, grabbed the DVD, went back into the restaurant and gave it to her. "Did you like 'Finding Nemo?' Linda asked.

"We loved it! Thank you for doing this. And, please thank Mari for sharing it with us." I then left, and Tony and I went to the pound to fetch Kahlua.

This afternoon, around 3:00, Megan G. called, to ask me if she could come over, to meet Tony and me, and to take a tour of the rescue ranch. I told her it would be fine and to come on over. And, I am glad that I did!

When Megan arrived, I first gave her a tour of the rescue ranch, and by the time the tour was over, I had learned that she, too is a writer, she loves reading my blog and Kinky's books, but more importantly —she loves animals and has rescued several animals, and found them great homes!

So, I invited her into Outer Space. She loved being in Outer Space and we had a fun visit. Then I invited her into the trailer and she loved it, too—especially our dogs and Lucky, the cat! Then I took her to my writing cabin and yes, she loved it, too! Then we came back inside the trailer.

Tony gave Megan some of his postcards, and she asked Tony to please sign one, so she could frame it. We really enjoyed Megan's visit, and we were totally impressed with her. For a twenty-one year old, she is a Super Star, in our opinon! Megan will more than likely, be a famous author, before she turns thirty!

Before leaving, I gave Megan my e-mail address, and we plan to stay in touch! Megan Rocks, too!

1 comment:

FlowerChildToday said...

Here I am leaving comments!!! It made my day you felt I should be added to your blog!! =) I've read it and showed it to my little sister quite a bit already..haha =) Y'all were so sweet!! Thanks a million for having me over!! I wouldn't trade that afternoon for the world!! I definitely have been on and on about it to my mom and sisters since I arrived back home late Tuesday night..
We definitely will be keeping in touch!!
Remember Nancy, you are amazingly talented and beautiful!! Never forget it!!
My best,
Megan