Monday, February 4, 2008

We're Fine, Dwight! And, Thanks For Asking!

This morning, Kinky called, and asked me to come over to discuss some business, over a cup of kona coffee. When I arrived at the Lodge, Kinky poured me a cup of coffee, and then he asked me to come into his office with him, because he had a message that he wanted me to hear on his answering machine.

After skipping over a couple of old messages from me—I heard Dwight Yoakam’s voice! Dwight had called Kinky, because he had found out in a round about way, from someone who had read my blog on last week’s fire evacuation. His message was short, but he wanted Kinky to call him back, because he was concerned about Kinky and us and our dogs.

Kinky told me that he was going to give Dwight a call in a little while, and thought it was something that my blog about the fire evacuation had reached Dwight!

2 comments:

DY_Goddess said...

Wow Nancy, that is so sweet! I was so scared when I read about the fire danger! I was imagining my wee Prince if he had still been at the Ranch and how frightened he would have been, it broke my heart!

So glad Dwight was able to give Kinky a call and you were able to give him a good news update. Dwight released his "Dwight Sings Buck" album, it's awesomecool, if you haven't heard it. He's also got a great new fan club online at a brand new site, you should check it out:
http://www.route23club.com

It's nice to know such a busy guy takes the time to make sure all is well in Utopia, just goes to show how special you all are to everybody ; ))

Anonymous said...

I've been recommending your blog to all my friends. We appreciate what y'all do for the animals, and wish more people would do the same.

Sheila from Tyler, TX