Saturday, March 29, 2008

Oklahoma Loves Velma!

Today has been a busy day at the rescue ranch. I started my day, by waking up at 5:00 this morning, and I was wide awake and could not go back to sleep. Around ten o’clock this morning, Kinky invited us over to see his three new heirloom rose bushes that a friend had sent to him from Washington and he also wanted Tony and I to check out two moths that were attached to his back porch wall. “Nance, I don’t know if they are dead or in love.”

“Tone and I will be over there in a Montana minute! We’re bringing our cameras!”

Three minutes later, Tony and I were photographing the giant moths. They were four to five inches tall and wide. We have no clue as to what kind of moths they are.

Kinky then showed us his heirloom rose bushes, and the three of us, discussed where to plant them, while Kinky uprooted some leeks for Tony and me to plant over at the rescue ranch. Then Tone and I came home.

Before all of the visitors arrived, Tony planted the leeks in our garden, and then we checked on our organic heirloom seedlings in my writing cabin. Oh my gosh! Some of our plants were already four inches tall! Tony and I planted the seeds last Sunday afternoon, and it was amazing to see them sprouting so quickly!

After a late lunch, I was pretty tired, so I went and took a nap with some of my best friends— Toto, Little Girl, Hank, Sr., Thunder and Lucky, the cat—all snuggling up close to me. It was a good nap. I slept for over two hours with my furry friends and feel rested.

When I came into the ‘big room,’ Tony told me that our friends, Bob and Ann K. had come by to see us, and had asked us to give John the pictures they had taken of their granddaughter, Autumn, who lives in Oklahoma. “They loved reading “Velma the Vomiting Vulture,” and Autumn loved the book, too!” Tony said.

I’m so happy that John’s book is really getting out there! In fact, I just mailed another copy of “Velma the Vomiting Vulture,” to our new friends in California, Kurt and Alissa, for their children—Ruby G. and Leo G. to read! And I can’t wait to hear their reviews!

Tony just walked in and asked me to go to Medina with him. I’ve gotta run! (skip)

3 comments:

Simply Cindy Lou said...

Tell Kinky those are Luna Moths. The first time I saw one I was trying to get in my black Bronco and it scared the crap out of me. Every time I would stop at the store the moth would attach itself to my truck. I swore they were aliens (not of the naturalization kind but of the terrestrial kind). After a few weeks I realized that they were not out to get me until they landed on my head. I’m not a real girly girl so I didn’t scream but let’s say I didn’t go to the store for a few weeks making sure the moths had moved on. I haven’t seen them in awhile so maybe they probed my mind and moved on. LOL
Tell Kinky to keep his hat on and he will be okay. ROFLMAO

Woody said...

Hi Cousin Nancy...I believe that is a Luna moth. I used to have a book when I was a kid that showed all the different kinds of moths and butterflies. I've always wanted to see one but never have...You lucky dogs!!! 8^)

cousin nancy said...

Hi Woody and Cindy Lou! Thank y'all for letting me know. i just tripped on one as I was letting the dogs outside! I just thought they were Texas-sized moths!